View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it.
    Yea oooooook... what are you trying to do light a fire and burn us all?? Without those 2 Fst is done

I think we should all take killercam's advice... and create a"Do you think FST looks fat in this dress?" poll

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    So far it looks like most people have voted in favor of giving the trading section the boot. I guess the guys with sever dupe accounts haven't voted yet.

On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it. Both would be deemed irrelevant without the trading section. People should know who's who in terms of who's a good member based on their post history and personal interaction with that person.
    IF it ever goes down, a reputation system could continue being used here, because members would still invite people, be helpful, etc...
    and, though erasing the WTAW thread would make sense, because no trading would take place, it is already too late to avoid the consequences that came with it, as it as been duped at many sites.
    maybe a content ranked one would make entirely sense.

one reminder to all those that advocate the extinction of the trading zone: just saying "trading is bad mmmkay" is pretty worthless, unless changes are suggested.
    another question would arise then, what would be the role of the comm reps, of the bt rep, what would be the stance against those who come here snitch on users that do public giveaways, would this forum then be considered an anti-trader haven, and hunters be sheltered, etc etc etc.

changing the status quo here requires a lot of thought, it's not just go to a control panel and untick the trading section as visible. what about the hidden sections, would they still make sense?

there are so many questions which have to be put, that in my opinion only getting answers beforehand could make this transition happen.
    if this discussion had took place prior to this poll, and conclusions reached, i'm pretty sure that its weight on the decisions of the higher ups would be much bigger. but that's something that only those trusted members of this community can voice.

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-26-2009 at 05:17 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    True, as said. Unfortunately that will not stop trading as they will scatter to some other forum-site.The majority here (so the vote reads also) probably would love to see the trade section go. Is up to the Staff of course.
    It would ease things a bit here i would think.? A step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green_Thumb View Post
    Yeah close it
    but the traders will just go to another website and trade there so I don't think it would make a difference
    Yeah I'm just against closing it here since I have been here for quite a while and have put in time here, some good some bad, but I know someone has a site set up already just in case they close it here for all the refugees.

It wont solve anything, they will move, which I guess is cool.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I say yes to abolish the trading-section, but I also with puckface...what will happen when the trading section get closed.
    I think they will just move on to another board. Off course it will make FST a 'better' place, but it won't solve the trading-issues, because new people will start trading-boards. So yes, abolish it on FST, but don't expect trading to stop when this gets done.

Second, indeed the revenues mainly come from these sections so as long as this is the case they won't be closed.

What's really needed is a huge mentality-change in the BT-population, where it becomes clear trading isn't the way to go.
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    So far it looks like most people have voted in favor of giving the trading section the boot. I guess the guys with sever dupe accounts haven't voted yet.

On another note, if the trading section goes down the WTAW and BT rep should go down with it. Both would be deemed irrelevant without the trading section. People should know who's who in terms of who's a good member based on their post history and personal interaction with that person.
    I have no intention to try and remove the WTAW thread as I don't see any harm in it. The "hidden sections" aren't really hidden. There is a staff section and a VTG that is just so dead it's sad and we're looking to do something about it soon. The Community reps could stay in fact I would like to have more of them and I believe I could even get some of them to hold giveaways here. I think that if we ever did remove the trade section that by having more site staff around that would attract far more members then the ones who are die hard traders that would leave.

This is not all about making nice with trackers. The fact is some trackers as a whole will never be OK with anything other than ALL their demands being met. These people I have no time for. I don't blame them or us for the feuds that arise it's the members of BT as a whole. The old members don't take care of the new ones, it's that simple. New uber sites open up and spit on you if you arent 1337 enough. BT as a whole has gone down the tubes as of late. I think that it would be good for FST to teach people that there is a better way by removing the trade section and go back to members helping other members like it was when I first got here.

Yes as most of you know I did trade when I first started, but it wasn't nearly the blasphemy it is today. None of the accts I currentlly have were from a trade. They all eventually get picked up as a trade and get banned. I was given or signed up for all the accts I have due to making friends and people just being nice. I miss that FST and I do hope one day it will go back to that.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267
    Staff is obviously trying to make a change here, one that many seem to believe is the right one for FST. It may not be the complete solution, but it's definitely a step in the right direction towards improving relations between FST and the BT community. I also believe that in the long run, this site is going to benefit from it.
    how will this site benifit from it?
    FST will definitely benefit from having good relations with the community. The source of dispute between FST and the private trackers is that the trackers feel that FST is a tool that increases their exposure and endangers their staff and members by allowing uncontrolled access to their sites. This had created a huge enemosity towards FST among staffers, some of which will even ban you for the sole reason of being a member here, because they feel with the current state of affairs any member of FST may be a potential threat to their site's security. If FST is more inclined to help the sites keep their privacy, then I'm sure many sites will be more inclined to have comreps here, which will inevitably use this site as a platform to choose members to their sites in a controlled manner.

Quote Originally Posted by apollooff320 View Post
    These tracker sites can get taken down at anytime and FST will always be here. Many of you wouldn't have your accounts you have now if it wasn't for these trades. Now that ppl got into the sites they want they think trading is a bad thing. Also LOL at FST improving relations between the BT community. FST is the BT community if you get what I mean.
    No, I actually don't. Do enlighten me please.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by rockaa View Post
    If you look closely into the trader section, the thing that makes it worst is the lvl'ing that has been done to the trackers. We all know is against rules of any tracker to trade invites and mostly giving away in public too.
    However, giving the traders recognition of which invites are worth what and how cool they are through there invites, is just silly and it cant be explain by any argument imo.

You can see that mostly of the threads done now, is to get higher level trackers, none is because they need the tracker or have something to participate with.
    Foremore is making people become collectors, which is worse. They only trade to make their portfolio of invite bigger and higher!
    you got the point
    i absolutely agree!

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Get rid of it...
    Spoiler: Show

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    <^>^<^>
    only one word : YES

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Yes it should, it would help make this site a better place. Simple as that really.

However, enforcing a real removal of trading from fst would be fun. Removing trades while maintaining giveaways/requests may just drive its adherents into the other in a different guise.

Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

I have no intention to try and remove the WTAW thread as I don't see any harm in it. The "hidden sections" aren't really hidden. There is a staff section and a VTG that is just so dead it's sad and we're looking to do something about it soon. The Community reps could stay in fact I would like to have more of them and I believe I could even get some of them to hold giveaways here. I think that if we ever did remove the trade section that by having more site staff around that would attract far more members then the ones who are die hard traders that would leave.

This is not all about making nice with trackers. The fact is some trackers as a whole will never be OK with anything other than ALL their demands being met. These people I have no time for. I don't blame them or us for the feuds that arise it's the members of BT as a whole. The old members don't take care of the new ones, it's that simple. New uber sites open up and spit on you if you arent 1337 enough. BT as a whole has gone down the tubes as of late. I think that it would be good for FST to teach people that there is a better way by removing the trade section and go back to members helping other members like it was when I first got here.

Yes as most of you know I did trade when I first started, but it wasn't nearly the blasphemy it is today. None of the accts I currentlly have were from a trade. They all eventually get picked up as a trade and get banned. I was given or signed up for all the accts I have due to making friends and people just being nice. I miss that FST and I do hope one day it will go back to that.
    Has BT changed too much for that really to be possible now? I hope it hasn't, but I fear it has. The whole thing is just very cynical now.

Or maybe that's just me

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast