View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    prediciton: no matter what the outcome of this poll is - nothing will change ...

edit: still everyone should vote for yes of course. i'm convinced that the closing of the trading section would make fst a better place.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-25-2009 at 12:39 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ^Yes I too have a feeling the outcome will not change at all. This is the second time we go over this same Poll. The first time I felt a little teased matter fact.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-25-2009 at 12:42 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Shalafi you have a very strange way of looking at things. I can see where you are coming from but it is flawed.

If there was no Cheaters, i would open up. christ i have opened up to 100,000 members before, within a year we are back down to 27,000 members, that must tell you something.

Problem is it is a viscious circle.

We open up we get cheats and dupe accounts, that are to the used for trading "if" we ever close our doors in the future.

We stay closed we get traders who trade accounts they signed up with when we were open, this also brings in cheaters.

We have invites to get new members in, hopefully good ones, and members that get the invites, just want something in reteurn, so they trade, or sell them.

The whole point of trading is, you get something for free (an account or an invite) and you profit from it (get into another site, or sell them).

to me it has not got much to do about security, if they want you, they dont even have to be in your tracker, they will still get you.

all i would like, is good members, that do not cheat, that use the tracker how they want to use it, that help every other member out, either with seeding for eternity, uploading their own stuff, uploading scene stuff, helping out in the Forums or IRC, just taking part.

Not doing the above just so they can get something out of it at the end of the day, so they can use that to gain something for themselves.

but we all know that will never happen, ok their are some that will do it for the good of the community, but those are very few and far between, and every tracker out there have the traders and cheaters, i dont care what tracker you are, so every way we have tried to get good members, does not work, but yet if a tracker is completely closed, and no invites, no way to get in, all we get is complaints, and its shit anyway, you are not missing anything.

I was viewing a chetaers forum the other day, went a few months back in their posts, "is it OK to cheat on BCG" answer, yes go for it, they are open, just sign up again. went to an earlier post from about 2 months back "is it ok to cheat on BCG" NO!! they are closed if you loose your account, there is no way to get back in, so do not cheat.

Why should members utilize their BW for the sake of members to get stuff and not seed back anything, but still not get banned, christ its not like we are asking much, and on BCG we even give them the SP system and they still bloody cheat, its enough to make any staffer bang their head against a brick bloody wall.

Now you may think why talking about cheats, in a trading thread, to me they both go hand in hand, ok not every cheater is a trader and vice versa, but if a cheater knows its easy to get back in with a trade, then they will cheat regardless, because they know they are going to get back in.
    Maybe you must check system and configure it not to cheat by users.

why do people cheat on trackers?
    -poor upload speed depending on location
    -cant keep up the pace with seedboxes so that they upload less
    -some other reasons which doesnt come up my mind now
    -for passion(to be an uploadmania,so to have some extra gainings;invite or something else)

So nearly except the 4th one,you can prevent all of these reasons.What shall you do?

having no ratio system
    staying online in irc and get upload.
    posting in forums(100 posts means 20 gb upload credits)
    competitions which u can add upload credit to the winner
    invite tree system(bring 3 good users,if they become powers users,you get 75 gb upload)

These examples are just coming up my mind.More can come if you all discuss with staff.

And so you can easily prevent cheaters.Maybe you cant prevent them all.but u can absorbe them mostly.

You can try to have other trackers' cheating system,coz i think cheating systems are different tracker by tracker.So you can cooperate with other admins and use their cheating system.

I think it is all up to you.
    Last edited by Shalafi; 02-25-2009 at 12:56 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I voted yes, but the difference is I am aware of the politics here on FST so even if there is an overwhelming yes, say 9/10 votes, it will still make no difference. It is simple math the bt trades & bt giveaways sub forums generate a large proportion of the page impressions which are served and therefore are a large slice of the advertising revenue. Since at the end of the rainbow we are talking about revenue generated, the likelihood of the management closing a revenue generating section is not terribly likely ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
    having no ratio system
    And so you can easily prevent cheaters.
    and suffer with download speeds and seeders right?? Seeders and leachers make up most of the community, not the cheaters. He can't change up his whole system because of a few bad apples, but he is trying to come up with new ways to get rid of cheaters without contradicting the efficiency of the tracker.

With this many unrresponsible and selfish users it seems impossible to have a perfect tracker. You're either going to have one flaw or another. You can never have both

Edit. This is getting a little offtopic btw.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-25-2009 at 01:00 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I voted yes, but the difference is I am aware of the politics here on FST so even if there is an overwhelming yes, say 9/10 votes, it will still make no difference. It is simple math the bt trades & bt giveaways sub forums generate a large proportion of the page impressions which are served and therefore are a large slice of the advertising revenue. Since at the end of the rainbow we are talking about revenue generated, the likelihood of the management closing a revenue generating section is not terribly likely ?
    the official statment still is that this forum makes no profit.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    abosamer's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If that will make the giveaway section has a better attention and pple start thinking of what P2P really means ( Share Ur Invites ) , then I think we don't really need a place where u can find strong pple have everything and weak pple have nothin .

And let the the invites distribution take another road , like to be distribute depend on needs and intrests , not because anyone's familly member going to get hurt if he hasn't been invited .

Didn't mean any hard feelings toward anyone , but i think both sides ; or maybe there are more sides , have some reason to act like that , and having some sections for them .

So my opinion is clear now , I hope u can take my opinion easily .

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Shalafi's Avatar The Trader BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    +1

Definitely,They cant cut the tree they hang on

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stl's Avatar hard trader
    let it be. let everybody answers only for theirs acts. if the man is an idiot, nothing can helps him, so there is no anything negative in the trade section
    just care for ur time

im using irc and yahoo. pm ur details and i will contact u if need

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    invite tree system(bring 3 good users,if they become powers users,you get 75 gb upload)
    we had that

still have it actually, just not everyone has referrals.

We also have the Sp system, all you have to do is seed, even if there is no leechers on a torrent, you can get a 1:1 ratio on that torrent.

we have done away with PU and SPU now as well, so nothing is based on ratio.

So yes, we are trying to come up with a good solution (it wont be perfect, nothing ever is) but it has to be better than no ratio at all, and just a ratio system.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast