View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I voted for it to go
    It will stop a lot of good peeps going down the wrong path and getting banned at trackers.
    Would be a good move for FST

2. BitTorrent   -   #132
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I voted that the trading section should be removed. Many people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there". I think that it would be a step towards the right direction!
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #133
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by aaatoel View Post
    IMany people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there".
    Guilty by association nice.Tyrants everywhere approve.
    Not possible that someone couldn't just think that the forums beat the shite out of 99% crap "out there" I suppose .

4. BitTorrent   -   #134
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyloves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by (I) View Post
    lol, I just overwhelmed a little rofl
    Honestly I think most bt staff won't bother visiting fst regularly w/o those ga, trade forums
    Hmm I'm against any kind of trading, invites or accounts, IMO if you want to get into a site then proof that you are a good user and that's when you get offered an invite, not trading it with someone you don't know anything about.
    OK let's look at it this way, you're a member of a good site, where they gave you some invites for being a good member, you want to get in a site where someone has some invites for, you don't know the guy but still you're going to risk your account just because you want in that other site, if you where/is a good member of a site then eventually you'll get an invite without having to trade for it.
    The thing you should be thinking about with trading etc it puts a load of work on the staff and by doing so it puts other members accounts at risk, time spend looking for traders etc is time lost trying to improve the site, security wise etc.
    so before you go saying there is nothing wrong with trading, think again,
    You are right when you say it wast lots of staff time
    But you are wrong when you say I said nothing wrong with traders
    FST can't live without invite forums (both sections)
    If a staff doesn't want to waste his time, he can do as BCG, FSC & FTN staff
    Come here, help his users, become a community rep, fixed
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

5. BitTorrent   -   #135
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    I don't care, that should have probably been an option. I'm sure most people that don't care are going to choose "yes" anyway, since it causes drama

also, i think *************s has a worse rep than this place, but just my opinion.
    Last edited by Col. Skillz; 02-27-2009 at 06:25 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #136
    aaatoel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    IMany people, including myself, are "afraid" to be very active here because with the trading section, this place has got a very bad name "out there".
    Not possible that someone couldn't just think that the forums beat the shite out of 99% crap "out there" I suppose .
    Just my 2 cents mate, I am not offending anyone. But seriously, don't you think that FST has got a bad name in trackers forums etc? I know many people stigmatized just because they are active posters here...
    Stop chasing, start living!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #137
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I can't believe someone would actually be hesitant of being active at one site because he is afraid of what another site will think/do to him.

8. BitTorrent   -   #138
    to be honest it should have been gone a long time ago if you are going off what the majority thinks. the consensus around here for a long time has been that the trading section is a cancer and the types of members it brings are the types of members that drive all the good people away. thats why i dont get this poll, it's been known for a long time around here yet it hasnt moved and i doubt this poll will do anything to change that. i hope this is some sort of poll where the opinions around here are taken seriously but judging from past actions of those in charge here i very much doubt it.
    Last edited by interwebz; 02-27-2009 at 11:46 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #139
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    I doubt that! Not if they are not trading or breaking that certain trackers rules. No offense meant either but FST is a big part of the members of most BT sites. The trading section is non existent already to some members, most who frequent that section will just take it somewhere else. Seems to show those who chose to do giveaways who NOT to trust with a invite. Also i do think there are FAR worse trading forums, forget a section! Selling invites on certain forums is even worse!

Will never going to be easy to stop all this. They will migrate as all have said and others could put sites at a higher risk? Never know?

Just my 2 cents mate, I am not offending anyone. But seriously, don't you think that FST has got a bad name in trackers forums etc? I know many people stigmatized just because they are active posters here...
    If they trade, maybe?
    Last edited by pone44; 02-27-2009 at 12:01 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #140
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Then the sites where they are stigmatized aren't very good ones. you're saying some people will assume I'm a trader just cause I post here? Now that's just plain paranoid. you have to take chances on people. I do it every day in RL and here.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast