View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    I voted yes and I'm absolutely certain FST will act according to the results of this poll.
    I think so too

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Yes, most definitely. Let traders take their business elsewhere.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Think removing that section would be one step forward for FST and its reputation. While I understand why traders do what they do, and freedom of choice within the community is a wonderful freedom as well, but I think to bring FST's name brand onward and upward... it has to remove a "less respected" component (by the tracker community that is).

Interesting thread though - great question - and glad to see our users have a say. Both traders and non should be able to voice opinions like this

Thanks,

Central2RBay

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    Swanky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Seriously, let it stay.

Yes traders are violating tracker rules blah blah blah. They also pay the consequence for their actions by getting shit on and banned left and right.

Love em or hate them, traders consists of a large portion of the bittorent community. Eliminating this section will decrease this site's traffic and members.

If the poll results are the basis of the eventual outcome then that's sad. Everyone knows that traders barely read the lounge. Also, there's way more anti-traders and people that cannot think for themselves (I.E:noobs) that will of course choose option 1.

You may all proceed to flame me and this post now.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Seriously, let it stay.

Yes traders are violating tracker rules blah blah blah. They also pay the consequence for their actions by getting shit on and banned left and right.

Love em or hate them, traders consists of a large portion of the bittorent community. Eliminating this section will decrease this site's traffic and members.

If the poll results are the basis of the eventual outcome then that's sad. Everyone knows that traders barely read the lounge. Also, there's way more anti-traders and people that cannot think for themselves (I.E:noobs) that will of course choose option 1.

You may all proceed to flame me and this post now.
    Lol, maybe I will flame you.

No seriously, think about it. If trading suddenly isn't allowed anywhere and traders are a large portion of the bittorrent community, won't then trackers allow trading? After all, don't tracker rely on users donating?

Just a thought, a crazy one, but still.
    No way will closing the trade section here kill trading. It will stun it, though, lol.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I voted yes, but ... how will we spot traders afterwards.
    Bet they will take invites from here and trade them someplace else.
    Last edited by BeckS; 02-25-2009 at 10:00 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    I voted NO .

A major feature of FST for me, is laughing at the content of the BitTorrent section . The unbridled begging / scamming / flaming / overly pious condemnations & the general tone of squalid rancidness, make's I chortle .
    I'd miss it, or maybe not .
    Last edited by Spillage; 02-25-2009 at 11:07 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I see no reason to get rid of it. Just because some people don't like it? If you don't like it, don't go there.

Also, if you get rid of it... it will be hypocritical to not get rid of the giveaway section as well, you really cant have it both ways.
    Last edited by puckface; 02-25-2009 at 11:46 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well yes we can. I would say leave the giveaway section as one has nothing to do with the other.

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Well yes we can. I would say leave the giveaway section as one has nothing to do with the other.
    Obviously you can do what you want, youre obviously the king.

What I am saying is that people are crying out to get rid of teh trade section because it breaks tracker rules and is a danger to the trackers. Well, if you look on those same rules of every tracker there will be a rule to the effect of: do not give invites to people you do not know. Well, guess what, the invite section is breaking tracker rules and is endangering trackers.

Like I said hypocritical.
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast