View Poll Results: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please get rid of it.

208 65.41%
  • No it should stay where it is.

110 34.59%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think FST should get rid of the Trading section?

EL REY's Avatar Haha....You Slow BT Rep: +3
    Like many, I could care less either way but............I say get rid of it

I once thought it wasn't that serious but changed my view on it after a few friends explain to me why its so bad & I'm in total agreement.

2. BitTorrent   -   #142
    cuck's Avatar Appz.FAN BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Yes please get rid of it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #143
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I think in the first 2-3 days people will make trade request in this section or the giveaway section untill they finally realise that there's no hope and have to leave.

4. BitTorrent   -   #144
    snowprince's Avatar Animation Collector
    Get rid of it. For a good helping community, trading is definitely not a good thing.

5. BitTorrent   -   #145
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    Everybody cries about trading all day, it's the cause of the end of the world... Trading is like murder around here, might as well get rid of it. No point in keeping it. I guess as of now, it seems to me more like a measure of sifting out "bad" users from "good" ones.

6. BitTorrent   -   #146
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    This thread is still alive??

If you happen to believe that there is a chance of the trading section being removed, take another look at this post. The best post in this whole thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    whatever the outcome of this thread will be, nothing significant will change, so i won't go very deep in the discussion here, as it's mostly useless and a waste of time.

but i will go through a somewhat different approach on this one, why particularly here it is allowed.
    Let's look at the forum's footer. wow... i've never noticed that before. what are those sites for ?

hmmm, maybe this is a part of a group of forums, but weirdly i don't see at those forums references to FST.
    hmmmm... lots of advertising at those places. i wonder if... no... it must be a coincidence that nearly all of those sites talk about money on the internet, etc etc... just take a deeper look, not a 2 minutes one.

in the last year or so, we've been through some changes, many might not have noticed. One of them is that now non-registered users can access all the board. especially that trading section that was forbidden back on my join date.
    this generates a lot more hits, with external redirects for example, or banner impressions as the advertisers call it.

so, here comes the rhetorical question: if you owned a forum (don't mistake that with "administrate"), that you nearly never visit at all lately, therefore having mostly no concerns about its health, what would be the only thing you would want out of it?

and why would you bother if some of your users, and maybe some of your staffers, disagreed on a policy that mostly is all you care about your forum and its existance?

imo there's nothing else to see at this thread people. move along.
    thanks to those who bothered to read this post amongst a thread like this.

7. BitTorrent   -   #147
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Yes, please get rid of the trading section.
    I've checked out a few threads in the trading section, and most of the posts the traders do are bumps and listing what they have and what they need.

I don't think the activity on filesharingtalk will drop that much if it was removed, all what would be gone is the endless bumping.
    In fact I think this place will become even more active if it was removed.

It's a shame that loads of people avoid this place just because some trading is going on here in the bittorrent section.
    I bet most members here has never checked out the other sections except for the bittorent one. I suggest everyone to check out the other ones too, and you will see that this place is quite a nice community.

8. BitTorrent   -   #148
    InVari's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Yes please get rid of it.

9. BitTorrent   -   #149
    Roooney's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yes, get rid of it. Please. Or atleast try to close it down for a month or so, see what it will do to this forum.

10. BitTorrent   -   #150
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    This thread is still alive??

If you happen to believe that there is a chance of the trading section being removed, take another look at this post. The best post in this whole thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    whatever the outcome of this thread will be, nothing significant will change, so i won't go very deep in the discussion here, as it's mostly useless and a waste of time.

but i will go through a somewhat different approach on this one, why particularly here it is allowed.
    Let's look at the forum's footer. wow... i've never noticed that before. what are those sites for ?

hmmm, maybe this is a part of a group of forums, but weirdly i don't see at those forums references to FST.
    hmmmm... lots of advertising at those places. i wonder if... no... it must be a coincidence that nearly all of those sites talk about money on the internet, etc etc... just take a deeper look, not a 2 minutes one.

in the last year or so, we've been through some changes, many might not have noticed. One of them is that now non-registered users can access all the board. especially that trading section that was forbidden back on my join date.
    this generates a lot more hits, with external redirects for example, or banner impressions as the advertisers call it.

so, here comes the rhetorical question: if you owned a forum (don't mistake that with "administrate"), that you nearly never visit at all lately, therefore having mostly no concerns about its health, what would be the only thing you would want out of it?

and why would you bother if some of your users, and maybe some of your staffers, disagreed on a policy that mostly is all you care about your forum and its existance?

imo there's nothing else to see at this thread people. move along.
    thanks to those who bothered to read this post amongst a thread like this.
    I happen to think that is completely irrelevant. You think traders come here for any other reason than to trade? Almost none of them have a significant post amount outside of the trading section. Besides, don't you think a chunk of these "users" are just alternate accounts after a trade gone wrong? They really don't represent a big portion of the users on the entire site.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by NA_Magus; 02-28-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast