Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Some Music News

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I can't find crumbcat's original post about music news...so im gonna start one...

Just some random stuff i have found out...

Zwan Is Over...
    Former SMASHING PUMPKINS star BILLY CORGAN has disbanded his critically acclaimed new group ZWAN after just two years. The singer/songwriter announced the group's demise today claiming he should never have called an end to his former project. Corgan says, "I think my heart was in Smashing Pumpkins. I enjoyed my experience in Zwan, but in some cases I felt that the band members viewed it as something they could decide to do or not to do." Zwan band mate Paz Lenchantin quit the group last month to dedicate more time to Papam, a band started by Zwan guitarist David Pajo. Corgan says he now plans to record and perform as a solo act. He's also trying to get a book of poetry published.
    Hilary Duff And Avril Lavigne At War??
    Pop sensation HILARY DUFF has slammed fellow teen singer AVRIL LAVIGNE for criticising her own fans. Canadian singer Lavigne has attacked her fans in the past for copying her signature style of wearing ties over tank tops. In one interview she ranted, "I sometimes see girls who are dressed like me and made-up like me. Get a life, you know?" But singer Duff believes Lavigne should show a lot more appreciation for her admirers. She says, "I think some of the things Avril said about her fans were kind of mean-spirited. She said that she was p***ed off at her fans for copying her style. I was like, 'You should be happy that these people like you and look up to you!'"
    Eminem Being Sued By 70 Year Old Woman
    Rapper Eminem is being sued by a 70-year-old grandmother who claims he sampled a song written by her late husband without permission. Harlene Stein is furious the controversial star didn't credit her spouse on his track ‘Guilty Conscience’, which she says contains the tune ‘Pigs Go Home’ - a song her husband Ronald penned for 1970s movie ‘Getting Straight’.

Stein also wants to file cases against Eminem's producer Dr Dre as well as the Real Slim Shady star's music publishing companies and record label. While her case doesn't specify any damages, Stein could land a huge payout because the ‘Slim Shady’ - the 1999 album on which the alleged copyright infringement occurs - has shifted nearly five million copies. It marks the second time Eminem's songs have landed him in strife. In 2001 his old school pal filed a A$1.5 million lawsuit against him, claiming the rapper's tune ‘Brain Damage’ - which named the defendant DeAngelo Baliey as an abusive bully - damaged his reputation and his own ability to launch a music career.
    Seeing I Dislike Those Osbourne Kids...Heres Some News On Them (BTW OZZY STILL RULES)
    Kelly Osbourne refuses to move out of the family home in Beverly Hills, even though she now owns her own house and rents an apartment. The teenage pop star hasn't moved into either of her new homes - because she terrified of living alone. Mum Sharon says, "She bought a house and never moved in, then she rented an apartment because she didn't feel safe living in a house. She hasn't moved into that either. Kelly thinks that because she's nearly 19 she should be living in her own home but when it comes to it she doesn't want to go. I don't want her to go. She might change her mind so we're just keeping the house there a bit longer."
    In other Osbourne news, Jack Osbourne is so eager to lose weight, he's gone on the controversial Atkins Diet - but it's not working for him. The son of legendary rocker Ozzy and his manager wife Sharon is keen to slim down after successfully conquering his drink and drug demons. But according to sources close to the reality TV favourite, poor Jack hasn't quite understood the high fat diet only works if you renounce carbohydrates. A source whispers, "He heard how you could have bacon and eggs and loads of fried stuff on the diet so thought it would be ideal. Only thing is, he has his bacon and eggs in a sandwich or with fried bread, and still insists on chips with everything. He's doing well giving up the booze but finds it has only made him pig out more on food."
    Feel free to add more news...

2. Music   -   #2
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Corgan says he now plans to record and perform as a solo act.
    I'm looking forward to whatever he does. The guy is ultra-talented.

I found the other news to be interesting, but I have no comments.

This reply (or lack thereof) has been brought to you as a courtesy of CrumbCat.
    © Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

3. Music   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah Billy is very talented his voice anoys me after a while however

4. Music   -   #4
    Ella's Avatar Upside down
    Being a huge Tenacious D fan and all, I found this tidbit pretty interesting...

"Led Zeppelin has agreed to let one of their songs be
    used in the soundtrack for the upcoming film 'School Of
    Rock' -- but only because its star, Jack Black, asked
    personally. According to the studio, Black -- who makes
    music with the comical rock act Tenacious D -- stepped
    in after School Of Rock director Richard Linklater was
    unable to get permission to use "Immigrant Song."
    Black reportedly sent a humorous videotaped request
    for the song to the three surviving members of Led
    Zeppelin, who subsequently gave their approval."

Looking forward to that one! B)
    Up Yours! Love from The Club....

5. Music   -   #5
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by Adster@18 September 2003 - 00:48

"anoys".......hmmmmmm - what does Adster mean......anoys, anoys, anoys....

Let me see what ieSpell finds:

Oh, ok....he means "annoys".

Hmmmm - I rather enjoy his voice - it does not annoy me at all.

© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved.

6. Music   -   #6
    LMAO! And they call me anal!

No, hang on....that's for a completely different reason. Carry on...

7. Music   -   #7
    Ella...are you single , married? cheat on your hubby? where u from?

8. Music   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by CrumbCat+18 September 2003 - 04:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat @ 18 September 2003 - 04:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Adster@18 September 2003 - 00:48

"anoys".......hmmmmmm - what does Adster mean......anoys, anoys, anoys....

Let me see what ieSpell finds:

Oh, ok....he means "annoys".

Hmmmm - I rather enjoy his voice - it does not annoy me at all.

© Copyright 2003 by CrumbCat, all rights reserved. [/b][/quote]
    roflmao

9. Music   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    well she has the same birthday as me 13th september only shes 4 years old&#33; also Im from NSW

10. Music   -   #10
    Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@18 September 2003 - 18:38
    Ella...are you single , married? cheat on your hubby? where u from?
    I can only dare to imagine why you&#39;re asking me that question...

I&#39;m from Queensland...

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast