Thread: K-Lite Codec Pack 4.6.2

Retired
    K-Lite Codec Pack 4.6.2

K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of VFW/ACM codecs, DirectShow filters and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.

The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:

* It it always very up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
    * All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
    * It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
    * The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to only install those components that you really want.
    * For some formats a choice can be made during installation between different filters. This allows you to tweak the pack to your own specific needs and preferences.
    * Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
    * It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
    * It has been very well tested. The pack doesn't contain any conflicting or buggy codecs.
    * It tries to avoid potential conflicts with other codecs already installed on your computer.
    * The pack is able to detect broken codecs and filters on your system, and helps you to remove them.
    * It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
    * This pack has a huge user base. This means that problems are found and resolved quickly.
    * The pack is suitable for both novice and expert users.

Changelog 4.5.3 -> 4.6.2 | (2009-02-12)

* Updated Media Player Classic Homecinema to version 1.2.991.0
    * The internal DXVA decoders of MPC-HC are now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
    * The internal subtitle renderer of MPC-HC is now enabled by default on Windows Vista/Seven
    * Updated ffdshow to revision 2676
    * Removed option for using an experimental MT version of ffdshow. Only regular version is now included.
    * Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 8.2.0.1211
    * Removed On2 VP6 decoding filter. It could in rare occasions cause some compatibility isues. ffdshow is used instead for decoding VP6 video. That was already the default setting in previous version of the pack.
    * Removed MainConcept MPEG-1 decoder
    * Updated MusePack splitter/decoder
    * Updated Monkey's Audio decoder
    * Changed default AC3 decoder from AC3Filter to ffdshow
    * Updated Gabest MPEG splitter to version 1.2.988.0
    * Updated x264VFW to revision 1093
    * Removed some legacy VFW codecs: Indeo4, Indeo5, and I.263
    * Removed some legacy ACM codecs: Fraunhofer MP3, Vorbis, and DivX ; ) audio
    * Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.10
    * Fixed problem where the DC-Bass Source filter could break playback of .mod video files that are created by certain digital video cameras. This only happened when the option for Tracker audio was enabled. Tracker audio files with extension .mod are now no longer supported.
    * Minor changes

Homepage: http://codecguide.com/

Download Link: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...k/1080441198/1
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-13-2009 at 07:39 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    I can never understand who does actually need this?

I use Linux and therefore do not have the problems since Xine, MPlayer is doing fine without any additional codecs.

Other than that, who ever needs all these codecs that K-Lite provides?

The fact is that most majority people would never use anything else than:
    DivX/XviD
    MPEG
    WMV
    MKV, H.264, x264
    MP3
    FLAC

and in rare occasions
    Ogg Vorbis

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    pffm's Avatar -M- BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    nice stuff
    downloading and installing...

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    how can i config ac3 now? was there an option i didn't check so i could? as it stands now ac3 is a set volume and that's awful.
    Last edited by mr. nails; 02-14-2009 at 02:02 AM. Reason: more info

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    4.7 released.

fixed my ac3 issue. was my fault. u have to manual select it out from ffdshow. no biggie.

now, i have an issue with mpchc & dispalying sub titles. when installing mpchc instead of mpc there is an option @ the end saying YOU MUST use sum sort of default sub embedder or sum shit. ok, i use it and my subs don't work properly if u will. subs are always on, but i can't change then, not use them and i can't change audio track either. i have yet to try not using it, but it says to use it if u use mpchc. so, i just install mpc then and everything works fine. i'm doing sumthing wrong? i've uninstalled/installed it 3 times 2day. i'll try again later and see if i can fix it w/sum tweaks.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    BANNED
    nice