Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New law in my country!! HELP

Hello,

Today we in sweden got a new "wonderful" law.
    The new law is called IPRED, I dont know if this is the international name for it.

But I think there is a law like this in England, its based so that international companys (movie, music company) can send a lawsuite if the find out that someone on your internet adress (ip-adress) downloaded something that they have copyright for.

So my question is if there is any good service, like VPN or something like it.

I have tested some vpn services but the speed isnt that good, so if you have a way to use the whole speed of the internet, please help out.

Thanks and have a nice day

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    alcoholik's Avatar Drinker BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    down with IPRED

det suger -.-

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED
    today? wasnt it supposed to enter in April?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    get a seedbox and use with ssh tunnel or proxy server

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Oh man... yuck... wish a heavy anchor could carry that law down to the bottom of the sea!

Central2RBay

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Meh, we've had these lawsuits flying around the USA for a while now and I've never had an issue. Just use invite only sites with no open signups to reduce chances of being caught.

Works for me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    no_bother's Avatar Village Troll BT Rep: +4
    VPN are expensive,. they target public trackers. We have a three strieks rule here, and I havent had a warning, and have had over 500GB of traffic since they brought in the new law. Dont worry about it!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Meh, we've had these lawsuits flying around the USA for a while now and I've never had an issue. Just use invite only sites with no open signups to reduce chances of being caught.

Works for me.

Ok, thanks for the info

Do you know how many lawsuite that "fly" around in the USA?

Do you know if they first send you a letter (mail) saying somthing like this "Stop downloading or ......." or do they just send the bill without the "warning" mail.

I really dont think this is the way to "fix" the copyright problem, I think most peaple just watch the movie/serie one time then the delete it, why not make a service like spotify, streaming service with a fee???

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    today? wasnt it supposed to enter in April?
    Thats correct, but the goverment voted for it today, and it went thought 255 yes and 35 no......... so one month left until april

Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    Thanks for the info, what is a GOOD seedbox (price, speed....)

Quote Originally Posted by no_bother View Post
    VPN are expensive,. they target public trackers. We have a three strieks rule here, and I havent had a warning, and have had over 500GB of traffic since they brought in the new law. Dont worry about it!
    "We have a three strieks rule..." nice, sound really good. So If I stay on the private its almost safe!

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Jabbe; 02-25-2009 at 09:28 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    Thanks for the info, what is a GOOD seedbox (price, speed....)
    that is about what do you want actually only ssh or seedbox+ssh(you can also use ftp for download files to home)
    Spoiler: Show

but if you have a friend with other countries you can also want to set up a proxy server or vpn service...
    but if you ask me no need to worry about use home connection cuz i dont think all torrent pirates using torrent with legally

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks for all answers!!

Hmmm i have a question about torrent sites with ssl encryption, is this more safe than sites without ssl?

hmmm what is ssl, and whats it for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast