Thread: Avg / Virsu Question

I had Norton Corporate which removed a few WIN32/Hantaner virus's from some of my kazaa downloads. I had to get rid of Norton because it wouldn't run right on my OS. But when I ran AVG and it brang up some more of the same virus (from my kazaa downloads) it would not clean the virus out. Why would only Norton do it and not Avg? Also the stange thing is I had most of these programs installed and it only detected a virus in .exe files in "my shared folder" and nothing came up from the installed ones . And last question, if this happens again when I downlaod something and AVG won't delete it, is there a way I can remove it from the .exe without having to re-install Norton Corporate? Can I use on online scanner? Any answers are appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    And last question, if this happens again when I downlaod something and AVG won't delete it, is there a way I can remove it from the .exe without having to re-install Norton Corporate?
    Yes ,but depend what virus do you have ,because there is more tools to remove the viruses .Ex:W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
    W32.Sobig.F@mm Removal Tool
    AntiLirva Free Removal Tool.........

What virus do you find and AVG can remove it?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    here is a description of it:

W32/Hantaner-A is a worm and virus which prepends itself to files found in the download folders of KaZaA and Internet Explorer. By infecting files in the KaZaA download folder W32/Hantaner-A may spread through peer-to-peer file sharing networks.

The location of the folders are obtained by querying the following registry entries:

HKCU\Software\Kazaa\Transfer\DownloadDir
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download Directory

Also the stange thing is I had most of these programs installed and it only detected a virus in .exe files in "my shared folder" and nothing came up from the installed ones .

I guess that answered that question

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by sharedholder@18 September 2003 - 11:04
    And last question, if this happens again when I downlaod something and AVG won't delete it, is there a way I can remove it from the .exe without having to re-install Norton Corporate?
    Yes ,but depend what virus do you have ,because there is more tools to remove the viruses .Ex:W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
    W32.Sobig.F@mm Removal Tool
    AntiLirva Free Removal Tool.........

What virus do you find and AVG can remove it?
    well I didn't have any of the ones you listed so I guess AVG won't remove the Hantaner one .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try this Site - you can do a free Scan there and possibly get it removed as well

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

But did you configured AVG right?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by sharedholder@18 September 2003 - 11:30
    Try this Site - you can do a free Scan there and possibly get it removed as well

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

But did you configured AVG right?
    hmm not sure. I'll check them both out.