Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One or More files exceed filesystem size limit

" One or More files exceed filesystem size limit " is a error I keep getting when trying to open up a file that is more than 4 gigs in utorrent! Why is this keep happening? I am really sick and tired of this. I am out of ideas!!! Does God hate piracy and don't want people to download or something? Please!!!!!!!!! I am about to shoot myself!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you must be on fat32

convert your drive to ntfs and all will be well again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Check the properties of the hard drive you're saving to .
    What is the "Filesystem" listed as?
    FAT32 supports only files < 4GB. Format in NTFS to save files bigger than 4GB.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Even if I was another cilent like Azuerus...will I still get this error? I am trying to save this file onto a 8 gigs flash drive. I think the flash drive is "FAT"! Will I still be able to format the flash drive and convert it to NTFS. I have a 8 gigs micro flash drive that is in *FAT* format..can I still convert a flash drive to NTFS?
    Last edited by Austin316; 02-26-2009 at 06:30 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yes

it has nothing to do with the client, its the file.

if you have a file over 4 gig then fat32 cant handle it at all.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

WHAT A BUNCH OF RETARD NEWBIE UPLOADERS!!!!!!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Why do the stupid retard uploaders upload the whole sh*t in one big file instead of several rars like the way people normally do it?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Why do people insist on using fat?
    I formatted my flashy as soon as I got it. Hell, its 8gb, why use fat?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Maybe some of us actually have limited storage space and don't want the files to take twice the space. I love scene/non scene unrared uploads.

How did you draw the conclusion that rar-ing files compresses them to half their size?!
    Zipping files doesn't give you even close to that percentage of saved space. I had the impression the scene rar-ed data for easier transportation, to reduce data corrupted, or to maintain a standard.
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 02-26-2009 at 09:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast