Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torrentleech Torrent Tracker Script?

@merwais
    Went to TBDEV, They said it can handle 5 million

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    5 Million ???

muhahahahahahahaahahhahah
    ahaahahahah

Don't make me laugh my friend, if you don't know about MySQL / PHP, then don't talk bullshit about peers.

and about 10k peers limit, of they can handle 20-25k peer to get very huge servers with 4-8GB ram

5 million peers on a php tracker loooooooooool, still laughing

Yes, BCG is using XBT tracker also.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BANNED
    dream on.... dream on

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I am not a professional coder by any means, but merwais is correct.

PHP script could only handle 11,000 peers then the server would be at 30+ (over 5 is bad).

Then my coder, who did do it for a living, got sick of the code, made his own, first thing i said was, can it get more than 11,000 peers, he was yeah np, put it on, guess what, got to 11,000 peers, and boom lol he was scratchig his head so much he just gave up and i havnt spoke to him since lol that was nearly 3 years ago.

even gazelle comes with XBTT, they have been saying for awhile that they are working on a PHP announce, but so far, as far as i know it has not materialized yet.

Maybe with a lot of servers, and memcache and other apps that they have for servers, it could push out a lot more, but on 1 server with no fancy gimmicks, it struggles big time.

even XBTT struggles with more than 100,000 peers if you have announce logs on, but if you dont have them on, it "should" be able to get up to 400,000 pretty easy.

Only way you will ever get 5mil peers is with a hell of a lot of servers, all beefed up to the max with hardware and software, no ratio, and dare i say it, only log announces every day, not every 30 minutes like most sites do.

11,000 peers to the announce every 30 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week = 6 queries a second to the db, may not sound like much, but that is only from the announce, nothing else.

as far as i know, no one knows what to do about it, there is a new streamlined PHP announce out now, but as we have used XBTT for 2 years, i have no idea how well/bad that does, but atm i am pretty sure, that if you want a fare few peers, you will need XBTT.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    BANNED
    very interesting maybe some1 should create a new engine... current one is fucking old

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    So if i started my life with XBTT i won't regret after years ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I am waiting for the launch of Ocelot. It will probably be ready by next year. (Ocelot is the new tracker backend being developed by the makers of Gazelle).
    Click here if you want to join TTC

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    What about it buddy, please explain, what's so special?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Damn it, the XBTT source code not available for linux.
    What is the best tracker backend for linux atm?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    of course its available for linux

you think all thse big trackers are running on hacker/virus windows heaven.

http://xbtt.sourceforge.net/tracker/

Installing under Linux
    The following commands can be used to install the dependencies on Debian. The g++ version should be at least 3.4.
    apt-get install cmake g++ libboost-date-time-dev libboost-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-regex-dev libboost-serialization-dev libmysqlclient15-dev make subversion zlib1g-dev
    The following commands can be used to install some of the dependencies on CentOS, Fedora Core and Red Hat. The g++ version should be at least 3.4.
    yum install boost-devel gcc-c++ mysql-devel subversion
    Enter the following commands in a terminal. Be patient while g++ is running, it'll take a few minutes.
    svn co https://xbtt.svn.sourceforge.net/svn...trunk/xbt/misc xbt/misc
    svn co https://xbtt.svn.sourceforge.net/svn...nk/xbt/Tracker xbt/Tracker
    cd xbt/Tracker
    ./make.sh
    cp xbt_tracker.conf.default xbt_tracker.conf
    not hard to find at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast