Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Torrentleech Torrent Tracker Script?

Ok i know about that page but i'm using centos and the commands of the svn are failing, any suggestion?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    danswano, it's not that easy to fix XBT to your TBDev source.

XBT queries are different, you should know PHP/MySQL and C/C++ very good and perfect why to compile XBT.

If you want help, i can help you but my hour cost 30 Euro.

30 Euro/hour ! ( People calling me Mr.Optimizer ) I am good with optimizing trackers and killing extra / useless MySql queries to make trackers browse very fast

P.S:I highly recommend you to review TBDev XBT section for more information, it's not one step change from announce.php to XBT tracker, you should have enough knowledge what you are doing else you will kill your tracker & your members will fly away
    Last edited by merwais; 03-02-2009 at 01:26 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    And how many hour the whole tracker will take to get up and running front and back?
    Last edited by danswano; 03-02-2009 at 01:27 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    To Bring Fresh TBDev source with XBT tracker will take minimum 4-5 hours.

Server configuration ( I work with Debian OS ) !

4-5 hour only for normal TBDev + XBT tracker, if needed more mods, it will take more time for extra mods.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I am not a professional coder by any means, but merwais is correct.

PHP script could only handle 11,000 peers then the server would be at 30+ (over 5 is bad).

Then my coder, who did do it for a living, got sick of the code, made his own, first thing i said was, can it get more than 11,000 peers, he was yeah np, put it on, guess what, got to 11,000 peers, and boom lol he was scratchig his head so much he just gave up and i havnt spoke to him since lol that was nearly 3 years ago.

even gazelle comes with XBTT, they have been saying for awhile that they are working on a PHP announce, but so far, as far as i know it has not materialized yet.

Maybe with a lot of servers, and memcache and other apps that they have for servers, it could push out a lot more, but on 1 server with no fancy gimmicks, it struggles big time.

even XBTT struggles with more than 100,000 peers if you have announce logs on, but if you dont have them on, it "should" be able to get up to 400,000 pretty easy.

Only way you will ever get 5mil peers is with a hell of a lot of servers, all beefed up to the max with hardware and software, no ratio, and dare i say it, only log announces every day, not every 30 minutes like most sites do.

11,000 peers to the announce every 30 minutes 24 hours a day 7 days a week = 6 queries a second to the db, may not sound like much, but that is only from the announce, nothing else.

as far as i know, no one knows what to do about it, there is a new streamlined PHP announce out now, but as we have used XBTT for 2 years, i have no idea how well/bad that does, but atm i am pretty sure, that if you want a fare few peers, you will need XBTT.

HEHE

I say for sure i have had way more then 20,000 peers on a basic tbdev source so this really is not right. Ita sll in how you set it up. But yes XBTT is much better backend for tracker.

Wild

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Your all wrong... I have between 12,000 and 15,000 peers running on a PHP backend.

While an XBTT backend is more efficient than a PHP backend, the limitations are a result of the hardware, and not the software. You could have an XBTT backend that is slower than a PHP backend if the PHP is run on much more efficient hardware.

Three things can affect this.

1) Processor speed.
    2) Memory available and cache ram speed.
    3) Disk speed.

I've hit well over 15,000 peers on my modified announce with little worry.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok well like i said, i am no professional, my server at the time was (and i am going back 3 years here so what i actually remember)

2.8ghz pent 4
    2 gig ram
    250gig 7200rpm hdd

and it got to 11,000 ish (may have had a bit more but not much more) and it would be 30+ server load.

now i have 2 servers, 1 for web and XBTT the other for the DB both have

(off the top of my head i cant really remember lol)
    Quad Core processor 3.0 ghz i think but will have to look that up.
    8 gig ram
    250gig laptop 5200rpm hdds

and get 100,000 peers with XBTT and server loads of less than 1

so that will do me lol and that is without memcache, we do have APC installed though but not memcache.

all i know is, if you want a shit load of peers, more than 25,000 and closer to 100,000 get XBTT. (its the easier way anyway, unless you are a pro or at least semi pro and know wtf you are doing)

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    2 servers,

for that many peers, WOW

You might want to look at your setup if you need 2 servers to run your site with that peer amount.

Quad Core processor 3.0 ghz i think but will have to look that up.
    8 gig ram, this should handle your hole site. use that ram and cache.

Wild
    Last edited by wildbytes; 03-02-2009 at 04:22 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well its 2 servers in 1 box

http://www.intel.com/products/server...l-overview.htm

one of those, thing is we may be able to push 400,000 peers, but i have never had over 100,000 even when we had over 100,000 members we never got over 100,000 peers lol but with 27,000 members we are at 95,000 atm.

plus they are co-location, so it is mine, honestly i am happy with it and that is all that matters, we probably could push more oomph out of it if i really wanted, but no need atm.

what really shagged us up, was having over 700members on the site at once as well, but i havnt had that with these servers, so again, its been fine so far, which does me.

btw they are 2 * Quad core 3200 2.33ghz
    Last edited by stoi; 03-02-2009 at 04:39 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    @merwais
    I have a work for you.
    Where can I find you?Do you have some contact?
    Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast