View Poll Results: Do You still buy VHS Video's?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

29 74.36%
  • Yes

10 25.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do U Still Buy Vhs

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@18 September 2003 - 18:44
    i get VHS sometimes for like older wrestling stuff that was never converted to dvd
    Same here for lousy b-series horror and scifi movies... You can't find them on dvd or on the net! If vhs disappears, a whole part of movie history will disappear too!

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    old school
    well I voted no BUT if it's a really hard to find movie/out of print type thing I will.
    Besides VHS are usually the cheapest now and days

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Hi,

VCRs are still good to tape your favorite TV show, or a show that you want to watch but you can't, and you can reuse the tape over and over again.

I have a Panasonic dvd recorder that I bought from Best Buy, ($450), it works like a champ. I record movies off of Showtime and HBO, and also series "Dead Like Me and Free for All" I get blanks DVD-r's for about .85 cents each.

Just found out my mom, bought a crap-load of movies from a yard sale, (100 vhs, for $50). Most of them I already had dvds for.

VCRs, will be around until dvd recorders and hard drive recorders come down in price ($50 to $150)
    <span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>VEGASGUY</span></span>

CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON PRIVATE BT TRACKER&#33;

<span style='color:red'>Proud Fasttracker member</span>

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If I&#39;m to record something or if something isn&#39;t available on DVD I buy VHS, otherwise I go for DVD, I put more money on DVD&#39;s than I do on food I&#39;m afraid.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    i only buy vhs is its well cheap in some shops (hmv your great)
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    i only ever get video&#39;s from 2nd hand video shops u find sum real gems, ( horror movie gems ) that they wud never even think about converting 2 DVD, but the last time i bought a Video was a long time ago now..

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    I only get DVD&#39;s now because I can&#39;t be bothered to squint at fuzzy, low contrast, slow fast-forwarding, crap-tapes
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    but video&#39;s are antiques&#33;- stick them under a window and they might rust some more &#33;
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I only have a dvd on my computer and its in the corner of the room, I have got a 17" monitor and only have dining room chairs nearby. Needless to say I watch the movies I download but not in comfort. I still have a VHS player and my kids and I use it now and then. As I am a fan of Lexx (see avatar) and they are hard to get on any format, I tend to get VHS if I spot em. Also, many of the Lexx downloads are pretty rough quality so I don&#39;t get much choice.

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    For the most part i don&#39;t bother with vhs, hell my vcr isnt even hocked up, but for some school related projects i can only find the video on vhs. so it is suffer the vhs or get an F, i will suffer the vhs.
    also there are new digital vhs which on the right tv offer a better resolution than dvds, but the seletion of videos are limited and the players alone are about a grand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast