Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody running dual 24"s?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Ah just teasing Kai , I'd give my left testicle for just " one " 24 " monitor .

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well I'll give on too then we can share nuts and monitors so we'll have both when we need em
    Last edited by Detale; 02-28-2009 at 04:05 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Who's scratching them then ? I'v often wondered about dual monitors as most Vid cards I'v had have that option . What is the purpose my I ask , full screen for games ?

I'm just curious as I'v never seen in action other than a web shot .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Who's scratching them then ? I'v often wondered about dual monitors as most Vid cards I'v had have that option . What is the purpose my I ask , full screen for games ?

I'm just curious as I'v never seen in action other than a web shot .
    After using dual 19" LCD widescreens for about two years now, and dual 15" CRT's before that, I don't think I could go back to a single display for daily computing.
    Personally I find great convenience in being able to stack 16 poker tables on one monitor while still browsing and using IM services on the other.
    Also, being able to play a video fullscreen and still browse is nice.
    Aaaaand it is pretty useful when writing a paper or doing research as you can have your document open on one monitor and resources on the other without having the make each window a measly half screen or flipping between applications.

More or less it is great for people who have ADHD and/or just can't focus on doing just one thing at a time
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Once you have them, you'll find uses.

In the relatively short time I've been dual-displayed, my pattern has evolved into a "passive/active" mode.

The RH screen has static information...sticky notes, Everest temp monitoring, uTorrent, FAHMon, etc. and the LH screen has browser window(s).

When watching a movie- or just feeling green- I turn off the RH screen.

I have a friend who has a 28" and a 24" setup.
    He runs the 24" in portrait mode for browsers and uses the larger screen for entertainment.

Basically, it will soon be obvious how twin screens will best be used...and once you get used to the extra visual real estate, it's hard to go back.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    That makes sense now , as I have a roomie who has three computers set up in her office , she likes to game but surf and IM on the other . My son plays Final Fantasy on the third with her .

We never thought about dual monitors , as she has one 22" LCD and two 19" CRT . Hey very interesting tho as she could get rid of a computer and just use the high end one with dual ?
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-01-2009 at 04:24 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    I use 2 22" acer's on a 9800gtx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12