Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What makes a tracker a community tracker?

Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    My definition of a community tracker is one where interaction between members is >= the availble content.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Dolphin's Avatar Poster
    Isn't it Obvious! There are alot of answers too that question and i'm only gonna tell those that come into my mind.

Either the tracker is a specificated tracker, for example, the tracker is a movie tracker or a music tracker, (then if the tracker is any good people on it wants to be in the forums)

Or, some trackers have so that u have to be active in the forum/irc to even stay on the tracker (a few 1337 trackers), kinda lame but it works!

Well.. mostly 1337 trackers have a nice community and thats because mostly of the members are 1337.
    Good albums - Use your illusion 1 & 2 and Appetite for destruction

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I am not even interested to know what makes up a community tracker any more.

What I wnt to know is why was Lew banned. I bet he tried pulling off another Basilhaydens stunt
    Who is Basilhaydens? The only reason that comes to my mind is mindless spamming/posting.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    ^someone that had 20+ accounts, a big time trader and possibly a scammer also.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    NinjaX's Avatar Wanted by the IFPI
    [offtopic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    I am not even interested to know what makes up a community tracker any more.

What I wnt to know is why was Lew banned. I bet he tried pulling off another Basilhaydens stunt
    Just a quick guess, hes probably banned for spam:

http://i40.tinypic.com/jtv2g7.png

[/offtopic]

Now lets get back on track..
    WARNING: The above post can contain
    lack of common sense & ignorance - readers discretion is advised.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    What makes a tracker a community tracker?
    not only tracking torrents, but having a portal with members, shoutbox etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 0Ri0N View Post
    pseudo elitism! lolz

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post

Or, some trackers have so that u have to be active in the forum/irc to even stay on the tracker (a few 1337 trackers), kinda lame but it works!
    what tracker bans user for not using forum/irc?

i have seen people getting banned for not using tracker but i have yet to see a ban for not participating in forum/irc.

as long as you use tracker, you should be fine. forum/irc are meant (and IS) a plus. torrentz should be (and IS) the priority.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 02-28-2009 at 05:31 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

what tracker bans user for not using forum/irc?

i have seen people getting banned for not using tracker but i have yet to see a ban for not participating in forum/irc.

as long as you use tracker, you should be fine. forum/irc are meant (and IS) a plus. torrentz should be (and IS) the priority.
    I think I once heard a user being banned at PTN because he never or very rarely used the forums. I'm not sure if it's true, just telling you what I read...
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    the name says it:
    a community tracker is a tracker with a good community.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4

Well.. mostly 1337 trackers have a nice community and thats because mostly of the members are 1337.
    I believe that's a general misconception. I think the forums on some of these "lower level" trackers blow away the forums on these so-called 1337 trackers.

Take IPT for example. A tracker that does not have a reputation for a good community, just great content. But the forums are much more active, there's more meaningful topics, and I see much less useless spam than some of these two, three, or four thousand memberbase, 1337 trackers. I'd rather spend time in forums like IPT's having actual discussions on just about anything, than rating the avatar above me or posting if I would hit that milf, at some of the forums that have actually been hyped for their communities.

I'm not saying all the so-called 1337 trackers have over hyped communities(because I'm part of two that are actually pretty great), but most of the ones I've came across are. In my humble opinion at least.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast