Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best of both worlds...

Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Alright I started to sense a lack of activity in Fst lately, so I came up with this marvelous idea which can help stir the masses in the right direction...

I approached PolarBear with this topic since such discussions are his specialty, but he turned me down due to being busy with his "How many Invite Forums are you active on?" topic, so I decided to take a shot at this myself.

OK so the reason I called this thread "The Best of both Worlds" is because I want each and everyone of us to try and experience or understand what both of the Bt community worlds have to offer. That would be the "Trading Community" and the "Anti-trading Community"(like me an you fellas).
    I want both sides of the party to have a deep talk and learn more about eachother. I personally want to understand what attracts traders to breaking the rules and cutting corners. I'm sure the trading community wants to learn a few things about us also like for example why we like to kiss ass so much and wait in line for a tracker which we can get in a few hours just by going to the trade section.

Im more than positive that both worlds have their beauty in them. I also believe that by getting emotionally close to these traders and getting to know them, we can change their behavior patters and hopefully make them understand that what they are doing is wrong.

So my plan is to open a Thread where both parties can participate and have a decent mature conversation. I can get guys like Basilhaydens, Anjelik, TakeMS and a few other big time traders to participate.

This discussion benefit both sides. I can grantee you that by learning how these traders think, we can improve in our real live behavior as well.

So what do you guys think?? Discuss this in your best behaviors please. This can turn out to be the turning point of the BT community with results of a "free trader" BT userbase.

Thank you for reading... and btw I have all the trackers except Uk-*. I just wanted to let you all know in case any one of you liked my material and has an invite to spare.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 02-28-2009 at 07:19 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rikikii's Avatar We gonna go higher! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    and btw I have all the trackers except Uk-*. I just wanted to let you all know in case any one of you liked my material and has an invite to spare.
    o rly?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    killercam101's Avatar count-dick ass BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Don't waste your time on them..just ignore them. Make invites harder to come by and make them desperate ...i get a lot of satisfaction in their desperation for trackers. Same with more desperate users in the giveaway section "I need/my dreams" I say continue it..so I don't have to start making informative/intellectual comments.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    This idea is neither marvelous nor innovative. It's a train wreck waiting to happen. If you understand BT land as you say you do, you should know this already. My only guess is that you're into spectator blood sports.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikikii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    and btw I have all the trackers except Uk-*. I just wanted to let you all know in case any one of you liked my material and has an invite to spare.
    o rly?
    Wrong section, that sentence makes your post a request which doesn't belong here.

Just kidding Albo

Nice topic, but I believe traders won't take much interest in this...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kallieb View Post
    This idea is neither marvelous nor innovative. It's a train wreck waiting to happen.
    Please explain..

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    you never fail to amaze me albo....

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Lol, there's something wrong in the essence of what you're asking.

you say that we'll discuss with traders in order to get to know the best of both worlds, yet you hope toconvince traders that trading is wrong,... That's not dialogue and making compromises, that's just forcing your opinions to others (I'm against trading btw, but am also trying to look at this objectively).

My prediction: traders won't want to participate.

Still I'll be watching this thread.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    you say that we'll discuss with traders in order to get to know the best of both worlds, yet you hope toconvince traders that trading is wrong,... That's not dialogue and making compromises
    That's our primary goal. To get to know them first and share some of our experiences together.
    Then if and only if we see that we are able to convince them that trading is wrong, then we'll give it a shot for the sake of our beloved BT community.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Obviously i am not a trader but this is the reasons i believe people trade.

1: they get told its the quickest way to get into trackers, who has got patients these days, its all now now now.

2: So they start trading, but they cant take part in the communities, or most dont, they have to stay out of sight, by just downloading and seeding, taking part in IRC and Forums is a no no, just incase a staff member checks up on them and sees an IP change or whatever, or in case their writing style is completely different from the one they traded with.

3: So because they cant take part in the tracker to actually get noticed, they have to keep trading to get into others, as they have no one to ask for an invite, apart from other traders.

4:Then it gets addictive, they do not care if they get caught, because they know, got in once, will get in again, easy, or those that want every tracker out there, even 4-5 accounts, just to get one over on the staff of the tracker I presume, I am bigger and cleverer than you type of scenario, "you may ban me but i will be back in next week".

What motivates them, addiction for most i would presume, its like the flashing lights of one arm bandits, or the lure pf pokemon cards, they must have them all, and when they do have them all, they still want more, so they get a 2nd account on each tracker, then a 3rd and they just cant stop, tbh get a f`n life lol
    Last edited by stoi; 02-28-2009 at 10:55 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast