Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shady advertising on SuperTorrents

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    So there is either a disgruntled employee or someone's acct was hacked on Supertorrents tonight. There are a few mass PM's going out under a staff acct there saying that all the staff and uploaders are moving to some new site. Then they even went as far to say that if you show them a screenshot of you'r deleted acct they will give you "VIP" status there. Here is one of the PM's

Hello fellow ST members, I would like to extend an invitation to each of you to our new torrent site www.torrentmax.org. The new look and great new features will prove to be delightful during your daily visits & the staff consists of the best and brightest of both ST & STM! Any ST members who post an image using photobucket or imagehack of their deleted ST account, will receive VIP status, shoutbox access, and 50GB upload credit! (use http://www.supertorrents.org/delacct.php to take the screenshot) Post screen caps here: http://www.torrentmax.org/forums.php...pic&topicid=72
    I hope to see you all at TM!
    PS join our irc server for chat and idle bonus at /server venenum.eu.torrentmax.org

THIS IS NO JOKE ITS FOR REAL ALL ST STAFF ARE MOVING AND SO ARE ALL UPLOADERS AND WE GARANTEE TO GIVE YOU GUYS A QUALITY TORRENT SITE DEDICATED TO YOU THE USER

NOTICE - This is a mass pm, it has been sent to the following classes: n00b, users, puser, uuser, xuser, uluser, auser, euser, suser
    What a shitty thing to do. ST is one of my first private BT sites and I have to say they are some of the nicest staff out there. The site is great. Great speeds, great pre-times, great staff.

I think this is a bullshit and cowardly move by the guys at torrentmax. Even if it was a legit staff dispute this is tasteless and cowardly move and I hope their site fails miserably. I can see some idiots did in fact delete their acct for this and I hope they get hacked as well. I hate to see shit like this as there is no reason to try and generate a member base by trying to hurt another site. This is bullshit and Torrentmax will never be welcome here by me for such a fucked up move.

No0bs- Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT sign up for this site as they will most likely steal your info or passwords to other sites. Not to mention NO ONE Should support these fucks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Nice spelling.

THIS IS NO JOKE ITS FOR REAL ALL ST STAFF ARE MOVING AND SO ARE ALL UPLOADERS AND WE GARANTEE TO GIVE YOU GUYS A QUALITY TORRENT SITE DEDICATED TO YOU THE USER
    Is garantee a word?
    Last edited by pone44; 02-26-2009 at 08:09 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    thanks a lot detale for the info

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Islander_IBG's Avatar *i* DEBUT SOON
    @detale

ST was also my first private site i joined

those guys r fuckers most of the staff quited ST like 1 year ago and started FTS http://www.freethescene.net/index.php

^^ u can find takashi , zallycat , etc who were all ST staff there..

i also had to delete my 8 TB Uploader account form tht site and reason waas the stupid owner eric gave out all the staff and our uploaders IP's and infos to the guys who ahcked his paypla acc , etc way back 1 year ago if u remember

and they also released some kind nfo like ric st pwned or something...

ST sucks........

if u dont belive go and ask the FTS staff and the fucker eric himself if he tells u the turth ie.......

and he's a freaking money whore who has thousands of $$ already in his pocket and a freeari and 2 benz cars now with him , all of those cause of the site doantions...

fucker shit ST...
    Last edited by Islander_IBG; 02-26-2009 at 08:27 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    benficao's Avatar All over you Face!
    You missed out, on one thing Detale, do not use ST either if this is another Hack, its the last drop, it simple aint safe to use ST.

Ps: i still remember, the day i saw my username along whit thousands of other ones publish after "some tracker" been hacked.

Yes ST was great, one of the best back than.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Islander_IBG View Post
    @detale

ST was also my first private site i joined

those guys r fuckers most of the staff quited ST like 1 year ago and started FTS http://www.freethescene.net/index.php

^^ u can find takashi , zallycat , etc who were all ST staff there..

i also had to delete my 8 TB Uploader account form tht site and reason waas the stupid owner eric gave out all the staff and our uploaders IP's and infos to the guys who ahcked his paypla acc , etc way back 1 year ago if u remember

and they also released some kind nfo like ric st pwned or something...

ST sucks........

if u dont belive go and ask the FTS staff and the fucker eric himself if he tells u the turth ie.......

and he's a freaking money whore who has thousands of $$ already in his pocket and a freeari and 2 benz cars now with him , all of those cause of the site doantions...

fucker shit ST...
    This is mostly accurate Detale.

I used to use ST. There was a massive split on there about a year ago, I reckon there was a thread or two on here about it if you search. After the scene notices about the site & owner (sure they were on here too). Most of the staff and uploaders left for FTS as the guy says above, I never knew (or cared) that much about it but there was apparently some pretty shady stuff going on with ST at the time with regards to donations, security etc. Ever since then the site's been a shadow, terrible number of uploads, nothing in the forums, constant disgruntled people messing about, no development whatsoever... I deleted my account there not so long ago when I found it was still active. Its a serious shambles.

What the hell this latest site is I have no idea, and you're certainly right to say to be careful with anything like that. To be honest it sounds to me like an attempt to get people to delete their ST accounts more than anything else, but it has happened on ST before that a load of legit staff left, if they had enough remaining after that and they were treated like the last lot, then anything's possible.
    Last edited by MAdIrish; 02-26-2009 at 11:50 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I do remember the NFO wars there and when some staff left sure. The thing is the PM's are still going out and no one has disputed it? I didn't even get a straight answer when I asked why the split.
    hi yes its legit and why the move well to bring you the user a quality torrent site and actually care about you and the site unlike ersan who takes all your donations and puts it in his bank and torrent sites are not for profit there to put all donations back into the site improving it for you guys
    Now I usually don't initially believe the crap about donation abuse or even care TBH. As long as they keep the site going good for them if they make some extra cash, shit why not. My problem here is that no other staff has said a word. Hmmmm Maybe it's a mutiny??

If Ersan has a Ferrari and 2 Benz's good for him but I doubt he made all that from ST donations. It's just not realistic.
    Last edited by Detale; 02-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    The thing is the PM's are still going out and no one has disputed it?
    there were two messages sent by fuall, then this message:

then four more messages from fuall.

honestly, who cares? ST has been a crap site for a long time now.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Islander_IBG's Avatar *i* DEBUT SOON
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

If Ersan has a Ferrari and 2 Benz's good for him but I doubt he made all that from ST donations. It's just not realistic.
    ^^ thts where people dont think its true

the truth is he had some kinda advertisments going on like " all dnated money goes to this chil funds etc "

and at those periods the site got more than $18,000 donations and yes u heard me right 18k in 1 single month

and most of the doantions we not even feed into the "donations bar " which they used which means he poped out some money to his pocket at tht time and it was a lot of money

i personally donated more than $200 to tht site and hunderds of hours and just to know this shit guys is fucking money whore

and even now NOT ALL USERS DONATIONS r logged into the doantions progress bar......
    Last edited by Islander_IBG; 02-26-2009 at 04:10 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I gave up on ST a while ago. The site's been shit for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast