Thread: Auto-Download Torrents on Mac via RSS

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Can someone please suggestion a Mac OS X compatible application that I can use to auto-download torrents via an RSS feed (preferrably one with filtering options).

I AM LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES TO VUZE (formerly Azureus) 4.x

I've officially tried for too long to get RSS auto-downloading working using vuze, and I haven't had any success! ...and, over on the Vuze forums, there seems to be known java issues with the RSS plug-in when used on Mac OS X

Anyone have any suggestions (other than Vuze)?

Thanks!
    Last edited by m021478; 03-01-2009 at 08:38 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by m021478 View Post
    Can someone please suggestion a Mac OS X compatible application that I can use to auto-download torrents via an RSS feed (preferrably one with filtering options).

I AM LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES TO VUZE (formerly Azureus) 4.x

I've officially tried for too long to get RSS auto-downloading working using vuze, and I haven't had any success! ...and, over on the Vuze forums, there seems to be known java issues with the RSS plug-in when used on Mac OS X

Anyone have any suggestions (other than Vuze)?

Thanks!
    as far as i know there's no other client that has rss features like vuze. also i never heard there were os x specific problems with the rss plugins. as you might know there are 5 or 6 different rss feed plugins for vuze.
    i personally don't use rss feed downloads, but i know many people on a mac who do it successfully with vuze.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    I've used rss with azureus (aka vuze in classic interface) for years now without any problems. There are multiple plugins and there is one I like more than others called 'RSS Feed Scanner'. It might have the most options or be a bit more advanced than other ones but it works really well and I highly recommend it.

If you like Azureus check it out. I believe the current version is 1.3.5 but I could be wrong and you can find the plugin by clicking the Plugins Menu and Installation Menu... then scrolling down to RSS Feed Scanner.

If, for some reason, you want to avoid Azureus say so. There are other programs with RSS but none as convenient as Azureus.