Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is it ok to have dupe FST accounts?

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    This is something that has crossed my mind many times since i registered here. I can't find anything in the rules about using more than one account at a time. I don't know, maybe i'm missing it or there simply is no rule against this.

But regardless of whether it's in the rules or not, i've noticed that people have been banned for using a dupe account to pretend he's someone he's not (for example a trader registers another account where he acts like an "anti-trader"). When people are catched for things like this, either the dupe accounts or all of them usually gets banned.

So again, maybe it's just me being a sloppy reader, or this question has some merit. When is it ok to use more than one account at a time, and when is it not. Because frankly to me it seems like when it benefits FST (read: when someone uses a dupe account to leak tracker information such as reviews) it is all good, otherwise it's not. Please correct me if i'm wrong cause if that's the case, it seems very hypocritical to me.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    ... when you are a staffer kid and want to come here make a post insulting some member (eg, yesterday)

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    ... when you are a staffer kid and want to come here make a post insulting some member (eg, yesterday)

doesnt stop me doing it in my name lol

as to the ops ?

i believe its ok to have dupe accounts if you use them in the rest of the forum, lounge etc, but if you have 2 accounts that you use in the bittorrent section then you have a chance to be banned.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i believe its ok to have dupe accounts if you use them in the rest of the forum, lounge etc, but if you have 2 accounts that you use in the bittorrent section then you have a chance to be banned.
    i see. so to make an example of this, this is the latest review submitted:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...7/postcount286

this is obviously posted in the bittorrent section. would anyone argue against that this is a dupe account?
    Last edited by danio; 03-03-2009 at 02:04 PM.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well... lol

That is benefitting FST but not the trackers, so that will be fine to the staff of FST i presume, and probably welcomed if we are honest about it.

It is more for trading with 1 account, and anti-trader with the other, or scammer in 1 and nice member in the other type thing i would imagine.

but then i am not FST staff, so probably best to wait for them i would presume.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    i see. so to make an example of this, this is the latest review submitted:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-bit...7/postcount286

this is obviously posted in the bittorrent section. would anyone argue against that this is a dupe account?
    I think that the exact rule is you can't use 2 accounts in the invite or trade section(personally I'm in favour or banning all dupes,anywhere) and even if I'm mistaken, although this is clearly a dupe there is no concrete evidence to that fact.(at least none that I can find).

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutavv View Post
    or when you are dick and go make some review
    ...or when you are a newb and believe everything people tell you...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Crutavv View Post
    or when you are dick and go make some review
    Or apparently after editing some threads "if you are a dick" and wish to trash talk people with spineless anonymity.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    are you a staffer kid? You insulted more than just one member, so it should be members with an S in the end of the word to make it plural.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    From what I remember, as long as you aren't banned/disabled/DP on one account, you can have as much accounts as you want

Otherwise, you are persona non grata and the other accounts will be banned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast