View Poll Results: Should anti-traders be banned from trading?

Voters
184. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

76 41.30%
  • No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

108 58.70%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Should anti-traders be banned?

Swanky's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Nvm
    Last edited by Swanky; 03-02-2009 at 08:00 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    which begs the question, why are trades the priority? there are more giveaways by volume than trades.

just throwing that out there
    you answered it yourself - giveaways are higher in volume than trades.

if a big trackers were to ban giveaways (although some do) it would be pain in @$$ for staffers. They would have to do more than twice the work i.e. check for trades and check for giveaways. Now just by allowing giveaways (which most big sites do) they are cutting off more than 1/2 of time that would otherwise be occupied by chasing giveaway'ers...now instead of chasing they can put that time for the betterment of the site.

Furthermore, there are other severe issues with trading i.e security, identify etc etc which aren't as bad when it comes to invite giveaway but i'm pretty sure you already know of those.

and there is one another...

when someone trades, it usually involves 2 sites i.e. you would be pissing off staffers and dedicated members from two sites. Chances of getting caught is pretty high..and when one of them catches you, they almost always report it to the other one.

as for giveaway, only 1 site is being involved. And sites almost never report user to one another for giveaways.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 03-02-2009 at 01:43 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    haha, that made no sense.. but thanks
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    NA_Magus's Avatar ヽ(゜▽、゜)ノ
    Addressing the thread topic: Users should be banned because of their actions (rules, etc). Not their silly little titles they give themselves.

Logic sure is lacking around here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post

that has been said and talked about bunch of times but incase you missed...
    obviously I missed, and being here for quite a while Im kind of surprised I did, since I have asked this question a few times and you have been the first to even acknowledge the question and give a general rebuttal.

but, in my book... its the same exact thing... except for the 'traders are scum' mentality that makes people target them.
    I have actually replied to you before about this very topic, i.e. that giveaways are also as bad in that they are random, there are however several differences between a public giveaway and a trade.

With a trade the account can be passed on several times. As a trader accounts you started out with that were lower level ones that you are no longer interested in have now passed through how many hands ? but this is OK because it is only a low level tracker, its the high level ones that are important after all.

Because of the stockmarket mentality of traders there are the inevitable scammers who want that account and don't want to give anything for it, or simply want to rip someone because they are a n00b and therefore deserve to be ripped off.

There are of course invite sellers as well, simply because the higher level trackers are perceived to be more valuable. Therefore there are those who will do anything to have what is perceived as rare.

Now this whole nutty little virtual reality when you look at it is kind of pathetic, they are websites after all, and it is only those who are collectors who need to have a great long list of bt sites in their bookmarks.

Whether by trading or public giveaways it is the collecting of accounts like pokemon cards which is sad and pointless, since so many do not want to be a part of the trackers community but simply have another place to leech/seed from, and since the content is roughly the same on each tracker having a great long list to go ooooh at and show your friends either by bragging or userbars/favicons is truly puerile.

Now as for banning those against trading from the trade section, the original topic of this thread, so we should separate this forum down the middle (well actually 2/3 , 1/3 going by the current poll) and have a kind of apartheid with traders having their section and non traders having a giveaway section hmmmm, so would traders be banned from the giveaway section ? I mean if you look at the trade section on here it is such a thriving place with the same threads being bumped every twelve hours and very little discussion, it is sought of like watching paint dry anyway.

@Submission and others who want a private place to trade, there already is in place an invite only section of this forum for traders the VTG or veteran traders group, if this is so important to you I'm sure if you are active you may be invited. Then of course you have to be trusted which I find an absurd concept, but the VTG isn't exactly a secret. Though like the general trading section it has very little posts, so maybe you could liven things up ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Banned? But why? Why not share in a file-sharing community? Which is what bittorent is...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    haha, that made no sense.. but thanks
    thats because squirr3l is fucking nuts!!!

on topic though... remove the trade section and none of this shit matters any more. easy.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stl's Avatar hard trader
    where is in the poll "i dont care" as usually?
    just care for ur time

im using irc and yahoo. pm ur details and i will contact u if need

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    So you trade and after that you come and request tracker in the giveaway section ... amiright ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    lol

just cant stop laughing

haha
    Yes, anti-traders should be banned they have nothing to lose

muahhaha
    No, they should be able to track all trades and report to their admin friends

lol sounds like its not a serious poll
    but i like it xD

kick all those anti traders ... uff damned ^^ ill die

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast