Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: online storage sites

mike160's Avatar Old School
    hi anyone here know of any good online storage sites so far i have tryed this 2 am trying there free trial but not realy good slow upload speed they like to cap speeds

http://www.livedrive.com/?tid=adword...FZAs7AodVBFr5Q

http://www.backblaze.com/

i was thinking of useing this guys here but they dont offer any free trail and there is not much talk on them just this here i found on youtube there called online storage solution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAuQbeTbSxA

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Dropbox?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yeah i know about dropbox but i dont think they have unlimited storage and they are also pretty expensive to add some more extra gigabytes and i realy need unlimited storage
    Last edited by mike160; 10-04-2011 at 01:37 AM.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I have a free MediaFire account. They have never capped my upload speeds. I have over 1TB of data on there.

I know nothing of livedrive & backblaze.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mike160 View Post
    yeah i know about dropbox but i dont think they have unlimited storage and they are also pretty expensive to add some more extra gigabytes and i realy need unlimited storage
    I don't know if there are any similar services offering unlimited storage for free. The Dropbox-like ones I've read about all offer limited capacities that can be expanded through referrals and such.

One-click hosting may be better for these purposes - but be aware of inactivity policies. Or you can create an account in a free Web hosting with unlimited space (e.g. UnlimitedTree.com) and use it as your personal file depot.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    wow i did not know you can also use one-click hosting sites as a unlimited backup storage how would i backup useing theses hosting sites useing filezilla ftp

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I've no idea, but to have FTP access I could bet you must have a premium account.
    Fileserve and wupload seem to be popular lately.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    if i use any web hosting site am going to get a premium account i dont mind paying $15 to $20 a month if i can use ftp and upload my stuff like that if its that easy i have never used any web hosting site for backup storage about mediafire and fileserve,wupload look good but i dont know how all theses work i know theses hosters are use on warez and alot of the sutff get deleted from there server i need a way to backup my stuff and not have it deleted

Edit : @ anon when you say one-click hosting may be better for these purposes do you mean like fileserve and wupload or something like this here http://www.1-clickhosting.com/
    Last edited by mike160; 10-04-2011 at 04:52 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    wow i did not know you can also use one-click hosting sites as a unlimited backup storage how would i backup useing theses hosting sites useing filezilla ftp
    A few support FTP (Hotfile springs to mind), but most do not - as far as I know. You'll probably want to use FileUploader, it's a small program that can upload files to a multitude of hosters, using an account if you choose so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Fileserve and wupload seem to be popular lately.
    Their referral programs pay pretty well, but for personal use that'd be less relevant.

i know theses hosters are use on warez and alot of the sutff get deleted from there server i need a way to backup my stuff and not have it deleted
    The stuff gets deleted because it's warez. The hosters receive takedown notices or see massive traffic coming from places where warez gets posted, and the files are deleted. Personal backups won't die in this fashion, but do keep an eye on inactivity policies.

Edit : @ anon when you say one-click hosting may be better for these purposes do you mean like fileserve and wupload
    Yes.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    anon so i wouldn't be able to use something like this for unlimited backup storage http://www.1-clickhosting.com/ also do you know if at wupload they keep your files forever caues they dont same anything on there site about this they do say it on fileserve but i dont like that there file maximum size or 2 gb for premium user also what is this inactivity policies
    Last edited by mike160; 10-04-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast