Thread: New iMacs, Mac mini and Mac Pro

kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Apple released today an update on the iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pro.

Apple today announced updates to its iMac and Mac mini desktop lines, including a 24-inch iMac and a Mac mini with new NVIDIA integrated graphics. For the same $1,499 price as the previous generation 20-inch iMac, the new 24-inch iMac delivers a 30 percent larger display, twice the memory and twice the storage. Apple also claims up to five times better graphics performance in the new Mac mini with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated graphics..
    The new Mac Pro includes Intel Xeon processors running at speeds up to 2.93 GHz and an integrated memory controller with three channels of 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC memory. Apple claims that this delivers up to 2.4 times the memory bandwidth while cutting memory latency up to 40 percent. Every Mac Pro also comes standard with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory. An optional ATI Radeon HD 4870 is available for more performance. The new Mac Pro also comes with both a Mini DisplayPort and a DVI port to support the 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display, the 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display, or other DVI based displays.
    Read more about it at Mac Rumors, and go check them out at the Apple store.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 03-03-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    It's about time they updated their mac mini line! Now it will be perfect for a media center PC!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    sometimes it makes me sad how quickly computers you "just" bought are outdated.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    sometimes it makes me sad how quickly computers you "just" bought are outdated.
    I know what you mean. And that "buyer's guide" at mac rumors helps you visualise how quickly your Mac is getting older lol.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.