Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a deal!!

lynx's Avatar .
    There's no defined standard for contrast ratios, so they can claim almost anything they want.

In fact, there are so few panel manufacturers you can probably find the same panel on different brands with contrast ratios of 10000:1, 20000:1 and 30000:1.

Samsung's equivalent European model is advertised as having a contrast ration of 30000:1, probably because they can't get away with quoting "Dynamic" contrast ratio here.
    Last edited by lynx; 03-09-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Burn-in is basically non-existent on todays plasmas under normal use. Now, if you have something static on your screen for 24 hours, then, burn-in could take place. Even, then it's highly fixable. A good plasma easily beats an lcd across the board. Kepp in mind i said good plasma. I don't think Samsung is as good as the Panny's or LG's yet when it comes to plasma.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I bought a 42 inch Panasonic plasma in Feb of this year for $750.00 dollars. I love it.

I haven't had an issue with burn in. Burn in is so 2000 and late, ffs.

My neighbor Ron bought a Sony 40 inch lcd for twice the price I paid for my plasma. He swears by it. It's Okay.
    I prefer plasma over lcd; however, I've seen good quality televisions produced by both technologies. To each their own, and stuff.

-doobs

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    The link you posted is 3" smaller (granted, that's not much)
    I always find this an interesting concept - the difference in area between screens of diagonal size A and B is:
    (A/B)^2

So, the difference between a 50" and a 47" is an increase in screen area of 13% - which I think is quite a lot
    <insert signature here>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    The link you posted is 3" smaller (granted, that's not much)
    I always find this an interesting concept - the difference in area between screens of diagonal size A and B is:
    (A/B)^2

So, the difference between a 50" and a 47" is an increase in screen area of 13% - which I think is quite a lot
    Agreed. It's nice to see you're still alive, man.

FFS, where have you been?

-doobs
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 06-23-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    Howdy.

I've been around a little bit. Spent a good year or so awol (ventured into the real world - scary!), and been reading but not really posting for a few months now. Rarely get time to dl anymore, let alone talk about it!
    <insert signature here>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Hey skiz, I used to work at Target [2nd job] and in electronics, thus I got to play with all the TVs, DVD/BR players, game consoles, Ect. Me personally, I think this http://www.target.com/Sony-Bravia-10...e=1&rh=&page=1 is better as far as picture, sound, ease of and more features. Not to mention, I became so impressed with it, my game room is home to one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12