Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEWARE Trojans and Viruses!!

Hey guys, in the last couple of weeks the amount of trojans and viruses being packed into files is an absolute nightmare!! So far in the last month i've had to re-install twice and recover once from these nastys!! You may think you're downloading a legit file and if like me you're using comodo you'll get asked if you wanna install or whatever and because you think yes i am installing a legit item you go ahead and screw yourself in the process!!

For some unknow reason this crap seems to be bypassing MOST malware/adware/virus protection systems! I've read on a number of forums of guys getting nailed by this crap. I'll give you one example, i saw this on my torrent site:

Bolt.DVDRip.XViD-PUKKA

Cool you think to yourself, i'll save my ratio and i'll get it from a newsgroup
    off you go to newzleech and do your search and you download it...
    Low and behold it seems all good but when you extract it you see its a WMV file,
    try and watch it and oh no you don't have the right codec!! Oh and now windows offers to get the right codec for you, sweet i'll let windows media get it for me,
    download, install and crap movie still won't work!! OH well screw it i'll wait for another release!!
    AND now the fun begins when you reboot your PC!! Shit i've been locked out, shit oh no somethings wrong!! YOU BET there's something wrong!!

See how an innocent mistake like that can screw you over?!

Be very VERY aware of what you're downloading if you're not sure about the source BUT also LOOK at what newsgroup has upped the file!

I mean PUKKA files i would say are 100% safe BUT in this case
    some do good for nothing is tarnishing the PUKKA name and uploading this crap!!

Glad to see now on newzleech someone has posted that the above file is trojaned!

ALSO guys getting stuff from DEMONOID pay attention as there is a a number of posters of files waiting to screw you over!!

So guys be safe when d/l stuff out there.....

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I know it's getting ridiculous but you just gotta look at the trusted headers from #altbin

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Thank you for the warning but some advice for those that do not know. There is a very simple solution to this.

No scene group such as PUKKA, DIAMOND, PREVAIL, CAMERA, MvS, or any of them for that matter will ever pack a movie in .WMV container. Scene standards call for an Xvid encode to be packed in an .AVI container. If you ever grab a movie and it is tagged with a known group and it extracts to a .wmv file just go ahead and delete it because it is junk, and whatever you do, if you happen to open the file...do not install the bogus "codec/player" it asks you too install in order to view the file, it will do nothing but infect your system.

Here is a good indicator of what you should expect to get as far as what should be included in the download.
    „ „
    „ „
    „ Packaging: „
    „ - All releases MUST be AVI. „
    „ - Must be packed with RAR and broken into 15 or 20 MB volumes. „
    „ Each AVI for a multiple-CD release must be packaged into separate RAR „
    „ volumes. „
    „ - Filenames (even subpack rar file) MUST be unique (to avoid dupe). „
    „ - Compression is not allowed. „
    „ - Recovery and MD5 record are recommended. „
    „ - Must have an SFV included for each CD. „
    „ - Must have an NFO. „
    „ - NFO SHOULD INCLUDE: „
    „ Group name „
    „ Title „
    „ Actual XviD release date „
    „ DVD release date „
    „ Theatrical release date (US preferably) „
    „ Video size „
    „ Resolution / Aspect Ratio „
    „ Audio codec / Audio bitrate „
    „ Video bitrate „
    „ Movie runtime „
    „ IMDB / Amazon / Any other DVD site info link „
    „ Number of rars per CD (e.g. 50x15MB) „
    „ XviD build „
    „ Packed Bitstream „
    „ Maximum consecutive B-frames „
    „ „
    „ „
    So just know your sources and how things should be if you want authentic scene releases. Then the chances of getting a virus/malware from usenet should never be much of a problem
    Last edited by rippinitup4fun; 03-08-2009 at 03:23 AM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    See the sig
    Last edited by 222MHz; 03-08-2009 at 03:36 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    rippinitup4fun's Avatar alt.binaries.*
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    See the sig
    LOL that about sums it up in a nutshell as well.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    yah i must say though that i was rather disappointed that these trojans are now appearing in demonoid! Although the admin have put a warning on the site IN SMALL about the trojans asking for DRM they're also failing to do something about the progs that are now being packed with trojans. Its such a shame that noobs wanna be haters.....

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rippinitup4fun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 222MHz View Post
    See the sig
    LOL that about sums it up in a nutshell as well.

What if people don't use Windows to begin with? To me I don't give a shit about malware, trojens, viruses etc as I don't have Windows/Mac but I don't like wasting 700 MB or if im brave enough 12 GB.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Linux, switch to what ever the hell you want...

Linux Switch, really?

Don't worry don't listen to the bullshit being spotted about how you should install Debian...
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 03-08-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    [center]

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    222MHz's Avatar Poster
    Sing along you idiot..

OHHHHHHH We've got white list, black list, red lists blue list, deny files, goodbye files, and services galore.. We've got retards who tripp the auth.log and cron jobs to log jobs just sitting and wait for morons like you..

So at the end of the day if you'd still like to say you've got friend who know friends that have friends that know people who has a cousin that knows a guy that once owned a linux/unix/bsd/ box he probably actually meant he actually bought one and installed some flavor on nix on it..

And to keep on rolling along.. Have a look at http://www.freeos.com/articles/3127/

There is a reason that Linux is the way that it is, and virus work the way that they do on windows. For the 'greenest' linux user chmod-ing a piles of unknown files specifically making them executable, moving the into $PATH and then executing the fucking thing without even looking at it well fuck them then. IF he/she got that far, I'm fairly certain they'd know better to 1, peek at the source code, LOOK at the script (it is a simple plain text file), or 2 don't go HAND FEEDING permissions to unknow shit.
    Last edited by 222MHz; 03-08-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    I run Linux myself you dumbass. Is Linux the only thing you know, every post is Linux this Linux that..., don't worry the day will come when Linux will be as vulnerable as Windows/Mac's are, just give the bad guys some time...

http://goodbye-linux.com/

Oh, the link, doesn't work. Ya ever think that people don't want to run cmd shit? Linux is not tailored to the everyday users, home users, it's really really not.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 03-08-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    [center]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast