Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Whole Dissing Rap Hip Hop..

couldnt find the good one

2. Music   -   #12
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+20 September 2003 - 01:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 20 September 2003 - 01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mosfos@20 September 2003 - 01:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu
    @19 September 2003 - 22:24
    Its here, and its here to stay.

LMAO, I predict in 2-3 years rap will be nothing.
    rap is the biggest selling musical genre currently... [/b][/quote]
    <hint>Pop music</hint>

3. Music   -   #13
    Originally posted by Mosfos@20 September 2003 - 01:25
    <hint>Pop music</hint>
    look up the facts
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Music   -   #14
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@20 September 2003 - 01:24

couldnt find the good one

5. Music   -   #15
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+20 September 2003 - 03:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 20 September 2003 - 03:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Mosfos@20 September 2003 - 01:16
    <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu
    @19 September 2003 - 22:24
    Its here, and its here to stay.

rap is the biggest selling musical genre currently... [/b][/quote]
    country sells better... probably because a lot of the rap is dl on the internet.

It has no sense debating musical preferences. If people don&#39;t like it, they just don&#39;t like it. I think rap is hardly original, why do they need samples from other music artists all the time... but hey ... that&#39;s my opinion. i have some rap and i even still like the 1st rap hit a lot... Sugarhill gang. Also can&#39;t understand why they all do it together all the time..?? lil&#39; is playing with them all same as Jay-Z & co... Also think that everyone can rap, you me, him... everybody.., a lot of people can not sing at all... but hey, again that&#39;s my opinion... If you love Rap... i won&#39;t argue you, cause.... hey ... that&#39;s your opinion... i always keep wondering why those people keep talkin while another one is singing beautifull, remember Eminem talking through the lovely and beautifull voice of Dido... but hey again.... that&#39;s my opinion and i gues you know by now what i think of opinions...

You can&#39;t argue those....

6. Music   -   #16
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    who gives a f*ck listen to what you like I don&#39;t like rap hi hop I hate it of course but where all different

7. Music   -   #17
    Originally posted by jetje@20 September 2003 - 01:44
    country sells better... probably because a lot of the rap is dl on the internet.
    are you talking globally or in the u.s.?
    i&#39;m talking globally...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

8. Music   -   #18
    jetje's Avatar former star
    US for sure but i need to see world wide figures but even then i think country would be bigger... But that doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s better or whatever... just play music you like and love... enjoy it

9. Music   -   #19
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    all the best music is invented and performed by black people. jazz? invented by blacks. blues? invented by blacks. rock n roll? soul? funk? ska/reggae? hip hop? invented by blacks.

and the mainstream (i.e. mostly white people) is always the last to embrace the new music. they say "oh, listen to that noise. THAT ISN&#39;T MUSIC." that&#39;s what they said about rock n roll. whites are so slow and so unhip. imho, black music breaks new ground, white people just spend decades clinging to the leftover remains of music that used to be revolutionary (i.e. rock n roll is 50 years old and getting more stale & boring every year).
    That must be the biggest bullshit i&#39;ve heard on this forum.

That&#39;s what they said last time. It&#39;s still here isnt it?

10. Music   -   #20
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I really have no right to say anything like this, as i am a white kid who has never known the hardships that black people have gone through, but here goes. I think that music is inspired by hardship. The slaves in Brazil, Blues etc.. was largely influence by the shit that was done to african americans. Im not saying they have some amazing musical talent.. i mean its just unfortunate that Africans have been the most discriminated group in the last century. Police brutality and economic racism imo helped rap in the 80&#39;s and early 90&#39;s. So if any of you say rap is not original, you need to get your head checked. Listen to an NWA or Ice Cube album. That&#39;s more real than any music that comes out today. It comes from real experience. Songs like Ice Cubes &#39;Endangered Species&#39; make me feel so angry and make you think. So say what you want, by IMO, rap, atleast the early stuff, is more emotional and real than anything ever created. Say what you want. That is my opinion.

Mogadishu.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast