Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Whole Dissing Rap Hip Hop..

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Look, I thiink we all know that rap and hip hop are possibly the most influencial genres in todays musicworld. well, maybe you dont agree, but im guessing you havnt heard any real albums. for instance, lamsey, i would like you to download the new outkast cd. instant classic. But also, if those of us that defend rap and hip hop just turn it into a flame war... its just going to end up bad. So how about we all respect eachothers opinions.. i will try, i have said stuff about limp bizkit and linking park, that fans probably dont like. But this bashing of rap and hip hop has got to stop.. Its here, and its here to stay. Its music.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Music   -   #2
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Whether its Rap, RnB, Rock, Metal, Blues, Soul, Classical, pop, whatever.
    What you like is a matter of personal taste and nothing is ever gonna change that.
    The only point in the disscussion of the different genres is to open up others to a different type of music that they may not have considered before.
    Flaming someone for their musical tastes is just sad.

In case anyone was wondering, I listen to all of the above genres.

Oh and BTW, thank god for slavery. Without it blues may not have devloped to the stage it is now and allowing for the birth of Rock n Roll (without it where would rock, metal, hip hop and rap have come from?)

OK slavery was a bit shitty but the music it spawned rulez&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. Music   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Mog, I don&#39;t agree with you about rap (although you&#39;ve seen my shared folder, so you know that ) but I couldn&#39;t have said it better myself.

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by mogadishu@19 September 2003 - 18:24
    Look, I thiink we all know that rap and hip hop are possibly the most influencial genres in todays musicworld. well, maybe you dont agree, but im guessing you havnt heard any real albums. for instance, lamsey, i would like you to download the new outkast cd. instant classic. But also, if those of us that defend rap and hip hop just turn it into a flame war... its just going to end up bad. So how about we all respect eachothers opinions.. i will try, i have said stuff about limp bizkit and linking park, that fans probably dont like. But this bashing of rap and hip hop has got to stop.. Its here, and its here to stay. Its music.
    I am not a huge rap/hip hop fan but there is some good stuff out there. You mentioned outkast. Big Boi and Dre Present is a great album. The Roots have a couple of good albums and put on an amazing live show, if any one is interested. I also just got a copy of N.E.R.D. In Search of.. and I really like that album.

5. Music   -   #5
    Something I forgot to add: The backup band on In Search Of is a group from Minnestoa called Spymob. They aren&#39;t rap or hip hop; it more like a weird Ben Folds/Steely Dan infulenced rock band. But they are excellent on both the NERDs release as well as their own upcoming release, on the Neptunes lable, Sitting Around Keeping Score (available now on soulseek )

6. Music   -   #6
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    @ dingoBaby

You should of just edited to include what you forgot.

What you like is a matter of personal taste and nothing is ever gonna change that.
    That&#39;s what everyone should remember.

People grew up around different types of music. I grew up with my brother listening to rap, so i&#39;ve been hearing it all my life. I happen to like rap for that reason. I&#39;m used to it. I can relate to it.

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by mogadishu@19 September 2003 - 22:24
    Its here, and its here to stay.
    LMAO, I predict in 2-3 years rap will be nothing.

8. Music   -   #8
    all the best music is invented and performed by black people. jazz? invented by blacks. blues? invented by blacks. rock n roll? soul? funk? ska/reggae? hip hop? invented by blacks.

and the mainstream (i.e. mostly white people) is always the last to embrace the new music. they say "oh, listen to that noise. THAT ISN&#39;T MUSIC." that&#39;s what they said about rock n roll. whites are so slow and so unhip. imho, black music breaks new ground, white people just spend decades clinging to the leftover remains of music that used to be revolutionary (i.e. rock n roll is 50 years old and getting more stale & boring every year).

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Mosfos+20 September 2003 - 01:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mosfos &#064; 20 September 2003 - 01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mogadishu@19 September 2003 - 22:24
    Its here, and its here to stay.
    LMAO, I predict in 2-3 years rap will be nothing. [/b][/quote]
    rap is the biggest selling musical genre currently...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

10. Music   -   #10
    WHOA&#33;&#33; Let&#39;s NOT make this a racial war, I mean come on this is MusicWorld. U should be a little more cautious about what u say... as for people downfalling rap/hip-hop, im not sure why cause many new age rock bands have derived from these musical cultures and altered them to their own fashion. Music is music and will always be music, be it rap or rock or even country.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast