Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What.CD and freeleech

flashback3r's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Hi, I would guess this has been up before and I'm sorry if it has...

But the question is, how much freeleech does what.cd have? And when in case they have?

Tell me when it has occurred ^^

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    They have freeleech on their what.cd compilations 24/7. As far as sitewide FL goes, it's completely random.
    See ya in another life, brother.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I would say it's freeleech on special occasions such as christmas and the site's anniversary. It's not completely random..

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Why you want FL only for buffer or upload? Eveyone has seedbox nowdays especailly after varsbox and whatbox events so if you dont have seedbox this doenst make any sense ...
    I am nearly 1 year old member at there and i only got 2 or 3 times FL also didnt notice one of it...
    PS: if you have ratio problem look other members seeding files you can easyly see over 800 file seeding ppl from home...Dont need to talk about "one" of them huh 20k upload and 18k still seeding and just nearly 2 tb upload so if you have a problem think twice and he/she seeding all files from seedbox...
    then what.cd is really hard one!
    edit
    Generally FL coming some special days and it's really unique this can be about a holiday or tracker stats maybe they can get one when they reach 100k member huh who can know? for now nearly 88k member enabled...
    Last edited by RedRansom; 03-10-2009 at 01:32 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Not less than once a year but probably not more than, say, 3-4 times a year.

@RedRansom: Not everyone does have a seedbox nowadays, I don't know the actual numbers but I can't imagine it being more than half. It's not that hard to get a decent ratio on what.cd and freeleech periods definitely help a lot.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    Why you want FL only for buffer or upload? Eveyone has seedbox nowdays especailly after varsbox and whatbox events so if you dont have seedbox this doenst make any sense ...
    No offense, but that's complete nonsense.

More often than not its having a seedbox that doesn't make any sense, not the other way round. Access to p2p shouldn't be dependant on your ability to pay for a phat connection, just on your willingness to share to the best of your ability. Anyway, if everyone had a seedbox, nobody would be able to build up the massive buffers they (inexplicably) do with boxes, it just wouldn't be mathematically possible.

Jeez, its no surprise the torrent scene is so messed up these days with prevailing attitudes like that.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9

I just made a generalization for example:bit-hdtv is one of my seldom usage tracker and last week there was a quarantina 1080p from one of them internal group there was a 1 seeder and 80 leecher when i start to download i saw there are nearly 60 seedbox in it and this come mean of %75 with a basic calc...
    at the other hand i am using some scene 0day trackers and dont need to talk about them cuz ppl trying to buffer accounts like crazy!look normal a pack...(and seedbox is all good for if you dont want to keep your pc 7/24 open but generaly some ppl just renting monthly and getting some buffer honestly i dont think this member really help the tracker!)
    sure if you're talking about eztv or mininova releases i didnt see any seedbox but in private tracker ppl usage nearly %75 at least this is what i saw my own tracker list...
    lastly look varsbox or whatbox page ar what.cd there are over 100 post nearly every week or day exactly not remembering but this two name really so populer at these days...
    Maybe i will do a research for this and can post statistics...
    sorry for off topic

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRansom View Post
    I am nearly 1 year old member at there and i only got 2 or 3 times FL also didnt notice one of it...
    PS: if you have ratio problem look other members seeding files you can easyly see over 800 file seeding ppl from home...Dont need to talk about "one" of them huh 20k upload and 18k still seeding and just nearly 2 tb upload so if you have a problem think twice and he/she seeding all files from seedbox...
    then what.cd is really hard one!
    edit
    Generally FL coming some special days and it's really unique this can be about a holiday or tracker stats maybe they can get one when they reach 100k member huh who can know? for now nearly 88k member enabled...

Dont really get what u r trying to say in your post, but i do not have the greatest connection but what i find is one of the easiest places for me to seed on, and during freeleach it goes right up.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The trick on a site like What is to seed lots of files 24/7 from your home connection. That way you're always uploading something and even at slow speeds it adds up.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Col. Skillz's Avatar Bacco,Tabacco,Venere
    Yup, what has some freeleech at xmas for sure. It was freeleech on all new torrents though, not sidewide.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast