Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Installing Windows 98 Question

And what is the file extension of that unzipped file?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    When you unzip it does have a autorun file there. It will say autorun.ini

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    i have nero ....not the newest one but i think something like nero 5 and when i unzipped win 98 it has like 600 files in the folder now ...how do i check to see what kind file it is??? sorry but im not to up on this kinda thing sorry

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    If you unzip it into the folder there should be a file in that folder thats called autorun if there is then it will work. If not then you'll need to find another source. Also is there alot of ZIP file inside it after you unzip the it.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i looked at all the files and i saw a few setup files but no autorun file..its mostly cabinet files a few bin files and a few application files but thats it should i look for another win 98 to download?? and how do i make sure it would be a workin win 98? thanks for the help guys!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Then you should stop! get a better copy of win 98, An ISO. Go to bootdisk.com and get a windows 98 se boot/startup floppy so you can fdisk and format the drive. MS has a tutorial site that will explain this.
    Basically, puit the floppy in and boot. let it load and choose "CD support". at the A:\ prompt, type FDISK and "yes" to everything. Then reboot, same process up to the A:\ and type FORMAT C: /s
    when format is done, again at A:\ type SETUP.EXE or just setup and follow instructions. Make sure you have the correct CD key.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    i went to bootdisk.com and downloaded the win 98 se file and put it on a floppy now what lol just get another copy of win 98 to download?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    That's what I would do. emule has a good selection and they'll be corruption free.

Just burn the ISO as an image with nero

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    You have to put it in your friend comp and have the installision of 98 in the cd-rom.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    does anyone have a link to a working copy of 98 se? or could send me a copy/ im a newbie and dont quite understand what burning the iso as an image means only things i burn are songs and a few movies lmao thanks again for all the help people really...thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast