Thread: Riaa Intrusion

Bigjohn1953
    Is there not a way where an encryption engine cannot be developed that would protect from snoopers obtaining copies or signatures of your shared files?? In the same way as PGP Disk protects privacy. I am sure that just the title of a file is not enough to obtain conviction, some form of file ID must be required, if the file were encrypted then there could be no proof that you had a particular file within your shared folder. This may be pie in the sky but with a key server for public keys this may be a possibility in the future to help protect the innocent!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    yeah thats great. Set the RIAA back 5 minutes coz they had to download a decrytion application before attempting to sue you. Its pointless

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by BiLLy_BloggZ@20 September 2003 - 12:02
    yeah thats great. Set the RIAA back 5 minutes coz they had to download a decrytion application before attempting to sue you. Its pointless
    depends upon the strength of the encryption of course...
    some encryption can takes weeks/months/years to crack...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    During the shock of 9/11 a lot of stupid laws got passed. One of those was that using encryption to hide a illegal act is illegal. (As if suicide bombers care) So using encryption will land you a one way ticket to Guantanamo.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    im a mathematician, and strong encryption can and will take years to break unless your lucky sob, and its purely luck. i was thinking you can encrypt all files and share key with only people in the network, ie your friends and trusted people and outsiders can not break it and when they do its too late, i know its not perfect but something, if you like to here more about encryption let me know and i will tell you how it is done and what it is from the fundamental level, Dutch man