Thread: Software to synchronize calendar, working folders,... between Notebook and PC ?

I think the idea is quite exciting I am much on the way and therefore seek a possibility to access my working folders, important files and e-mail from my Notebook and Desktop Pc, eventually more. I already heard of a lot of Sync programs and wanted to ask for your experiences in general. Perhaps someone has a tip on how to do this the easiest way? Greetings,peters

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    micropino's Avatar Lossless Ears BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    For folders: did you know about Microsoft live sync?
    This is an online folder/files synchronizing free utility from MS than many don't know about it... it may be of some help to you!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Pixel's Avatar Poster
    DropBox!! It's the best for this.

www.getdropbox.com

That's what I use and it's perfect for file syncing/sharing.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for your suggestions!

Now, I have choosen syncing.net for my synchronization problem. As well a friend of mine reported about this software so it was a bit easier for me to decide for this way of synchronizes my data.

I´m happy with this solution and hope there wont be any data chaos in the future!

Bye, Peters

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    I'm currently using Allway sync. It works similarly to Microsoft's synctoy (which is ok), but has a few features over MS:

1. Allows "auto sync" - this will sync whenever a file changes, at set intervals, when you open a program,...

2. Allows "command line sync" - I have created ashortcut (with suitable command line parameters) that my wife hits whenever working on her laptop and it syncs whats on the pendrive she uses with "my docs" - simple
    <insert signature here>