Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PTP misbehaving?

TehMeph's Avatar Member
    This is my first post here and I signed up explicitly to post in this thread. I'll ask ilias to post here as well, when he's online again. If there's some way for staff here to verify who I am claiming to be - mephistopheles at TehConnection, SysAdmin and coder - please feel free to contact me.

We had a massive influx of new users who were sitting on accounts, due to the extended period of open signups, after we switched to gazelle. To compensate for this (account sitting), we started disabling old accounts that had 0 activity, nothing snatched or leeched or uploaded.

PassThePopcorn's owner qualified for our rules and was disabled, completely automatically. We've no issues with PtP staff and have even given our VIP-like "community staff" class to the one PtP staff member that has asked for it. Upon talking to the owner, ilias re-enabled him and gave him that same class, to prevent the same thing from happening again; he was answered with a g:line.

We've taken no ridiculously immature measures against PtP and have sought no retribution of any sort, but this is the story as best I know it. Regarding the "leaking" of content, we've established in our rules (and we do enforce this) that exclusive content is not to be uploaded without proper consent from the original releaser(s); we've worked out agreements with a few p2p groups to allow their exclusive content at TehConnection and have silently obliged when asked to follow restrictions or blacklists. We've been very public with this stance and were the PtP staff worried about such a thing, they could easily contact us with their worries and we'd address their issues; however, like other issues, their staff has not approached us at all.

And one final point, no one on my staff is a staff member at ScT. What people have done in their past is in their past and while we maintain friendly relations with ScT, as we try to do with all other trackers, I assure you we are not affiliated with them.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    black_pearl's Avatar Member
    Someone Pass me the Popcorn so I ca watch some films downloaded from Tehonnection. TC it's a grate tracker but this is the first time I am hearing about that PtP tracker with a stupid name

3. BitTorrent   -   #23

Cool

So, DAQ here from PassThePopcorn.

The disabling of other staff members accounts I can't disclose, as I'm not the one who did it. The only thing I can say is, there's no rivalry between the staff at PTP & TC that I know of. There's no reason for this to happen, and I've retracted some of the bans that were set. It seems I set one on accident myself, and I take responsibility for that. It was, however, on accident. We appreciate the efforts put forth on every tracker, as we all know running a site like this (No matter the size, etc.) is not easy.

To TC Staff: You're always welcomed to PM me on What.CD as kermitDJ , or on PTP if your accounts enabled. As I don't know all of your accounts, feel free to contact me through anyway you wish.

Thanks!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    nevermind... damn T.S.O.L.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-11-2009 at 06:18 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    (Had to approve a couple posts because new accounts go on some automatic spam thing that blocks posts with certain key words, or something like that.. Sorry for the delay in those posts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i just saw someone registered a PasstheDAQ account here right now.
    i'm expecting childish behaviour.
    LOL, well now you look bad because of that delay in his post
    Last edited by T.S.O.L.; 03-11-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    <3 daq

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Wi0! Much <3 my friend.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Seedbox Provider
    <3 DAQ & Wi0 & meph (thanks for the vhost)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Surprisingly this has turned from a criticizing topic to a love fest. The OP must be disappointed...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Or glad that it's been resolved, and publicly known that staff on each site have no hard feelings, grudges, etc. against each other?

Whichever way you wanna look at it I guess.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast