Thread: Gta Vice City

Sorry if there are a lot of threads for this game but im having a little trouble.

I downloaded both FLT-VCA and FLT-VCB and when i try and install the game I get an error saying.

Cycle Redundancy Error

is my file corrupt ?

or could it be because I have no burnt them to a Disc im using a Virtual Drive Program to run the .BIN files ????

2. Games   -   #2
    OK I think I found the file which is corrupt. but it would be the biggest one needed

data2 and it is: 680,226 KB is that the right file size ??

And would anyone be kind enough to send it me ?? please
    Or is there anyway to Fix a .CAB file ??

3. Games   -   #3
    I tried to fix the cab with a program but no luck can anyone help ?

4. Games   -   #4
    Try extracting the bin to hardrive, using one of the programs mentioned in your post about that. "sometimes" that will get you past the errors, rarley but sometimes.

If not, you can try the kazza repairer thingy maboon, search the forum, I do not use si i do not know, but try searching for KFC fix

5. Games   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i bought my copy from singapore ( , wut would we do without them) when i had to stay over at the hotel (flight was 2 days after arrival back to my city). i came home, popped the cd in, and wut do i get, a cyclic redundancy error! I checked the cd, and it looked okay, no scratches newhere, i suspect the original bin file was corrupted by accident or something. so i just grabbed my vice city off of dredwerkz, and put in cd2 of vc whenever i played, problem solved .
    hope that helped (i noe it didn't but, meh, just an opinion )

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by Scoot@20 September 2003 - 01:11
    Sorry if there are a lot of threads for this game but im having a little trouble.

I downloaded both FLT-VCA and FLT-VCB and when i try and install the game I get an error saying.

Cycle Redundancy Error

is my file corrupt ?

or could it be because I have no burnt them to a Disc im using a Virtual Drive Program to run the .BIN files ????
    try using WINISO and extracting the images thats what happened to me in MOHAA and i extracted it anf burned the files it worked

7. Games   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    if u need to redl the file, use emule or bittorrent. cuz klite will give u fake files like this. i dled vice city off klite, had to dl it twice to get real version. annoying, i know.

8. Games   -   #8
    Could anyone tell me or even send me the data2.cab file ? as I think as long as I add this everything should be fine. I dont want to download a totally different copy and cannt find the same file on Kazza anymore

9. Games   -   #9
    muchspl2
    did you try cdmange?

it fixes bin's?
    next time don't buy dl from bittorrent
    its the best

10. Games   -   #10
    i was trying to instal the game by mounting it to a virtual drive and i got that same error but then i just burned it to a cd and it worked fine. try that.