Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 Cd Players

Ok, I'm looking into getting a good mp3 cd player since I'm tired of only being able to listen to stuff on my comp. Here's some stuff I'm looking for.

Good battery life
    Multiple language support (I have many mp3 with japanese characters in the filenames and id3 tags)
    Clear Sound with good bass

I mainly need the foreign character support. I was looking at the Sony ATRAC/MP3 player but it only displays regular arabic characters >_<

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    good thinkin wit a cd player, the hdd players arent shit worth of portable, a hdd that u can bounce around...dont think so&#33;

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    --&#62; Click for website.

I also think that CD based is the way to go. Sorry I don&#39;t have any further recommendation.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ya, Sony&#39;s are good but they don&#39;t support other language characters

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    You&#39;ll also prolly want to be sure when buying an mp3/cd player, that it says it&#39;s VBR compatible. Some mp3 disc
    players have trouble reading VBR encoded files, and sound like they&#39;re skipping.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Look at the I-River 350.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    You might also want G-Protection jog-proof technology, which Sony offer, instead of something stupid like 20 seconds anti-shock, it ensures music is never disturbed whilst on the go.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    i would still recomend an mp3 player with a hdd, 1000&#39;s of songs and so many other features

proud to be american

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Hrm, wish those supported foreign characters. It would look goofy having a bunch of filenames and tags with _ or whatever is assigned to non arabic characters.

Anyone have any experience with iRiver? Those look pretty nice and are firmware upgradeable and have what I&#39;m looking for... Guess if those are good I&#39;ll get one of those or the ATRAC3/MP3 sony one...

Ya I really want to get an iPod but I just cant afford it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast