Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimsufi L Speed?

I just got a new Kimsufi L from a different reseller and compared to the other one I had the speeds seem to be a lot slower.

Here is what speedtest.net reports:

This test was done will all my torrents paused. Does this appear to be slow or is this what I should be getting for this seedbox?

Thanks,
    Chad
    Last edited by CazBandit; 03-12-2009 at 07:10 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    What speeds your torrentsw are getting?
    Have you purchased your box directly from kimsufi?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    What speeds your torrentsw are getting?
    Downloads top out at about 5.5MB to 6.0MB
    Combined Uploads (currently 6 torrents) top out at under 1.0MB

In comparison on the other box for the same torrents the upload would usually be 2.0MB+ each. They currently are doing between 100/kb to 300kb each.

During the download to this new server I was pulling from another kimsufi at a max of around 2.5MB

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Have you purchased your box directly from kimsufi
    No. Both were from different resellers. I don't want to say who at this time to allow them a chance to fix the issue, if there is one.
    Last edited by CazBandit; 03-12-2009 at 08:42 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Isn't the 100mbit connection shared for each account (ex. if the reseller has 4 servers on 1 account, a single 100mbit connection is shared between the 4 servers).

Could this be causing the slow down?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlpb View Post
    Isn't the 100mbit connection shared for each account (ex. if the reseller has 4 servers on 1 account, a single 100mbit connection is shared between the 4 servers).

Could this be causing the slow down?
    No. That would be if 1 server was shared with 4 people then the 100 mbit connection would be shared with all. This is a dedicated box with just myself on it so it should be a full 100 mbit.

I think it's capped for some reason. I can't get any higher than 1.0 to 1.2 mb/s on upload. I've only uploaded 39GB since I got access to the box.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Thats only for the premium bw servers not the kimsufi.
    The kimsufi range will e putted in the "nosla" mode if you use to mutch bw. But should not be there from the start.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I get a full 100 mbit but after about an hr or two...i start uploading at like 300-400 kb/s only when I know it can atleast do 1-2 mb/s

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CazBandit View Post
    This test was done will all my torrents paused.
    Note that just because torrents are paused it doesn't mean they aren't having traffic.

Your IP is still in the other peers lists, and they will still continue to connect to you for a while.

So if you paused the torrents and immediately ran the test the results may not be correct.

xirvik

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    my first month with kimsufi was a little like ur experiencing,wait till next month when they might just think ur gonna rent the server long enough to give u what you want thats my impretion i got..

the kimsufi L if you read the spec is only 80Mbit[8MB\s] upload
    I have a 2XL and it does 11MB\s all day/night...
    Last edited by seedboxhost; 04-10-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    you could be on a slow SLA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast