Thread: Need Help From Serious Programmers/developers

Hello people,
    Once again asking for some advice from serious programmers.

I am planning to make a custom simple "mail notifier". Is there code out there which I can edit and make it custom according to my needs? I dont want the user to fill out any information other than username and password. Pop server will be already done in the program.

I am more interested in actually making one. How would you recommend I should go about it? Best programming language/etc.

I am well versed in
    C,C++, Java,Visual Basic, Assembly...

Any help will be appreciated

Cheers!
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by I.am@19 September 2003 - 20:37
    Hello people,
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    I am well versed in
    C,C++, Java,Visual Basic, Assembly...

Cheers&#33;
    I.am
    If you were wll versed as you say, in those languages then I dont think you would be asking.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    You should know for yourself..
    Do some research on mail software first

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for posting anyways.
    I prefer having inputs from many people while having my own. This helps in making something better and having a view maybe sometimes better than mine&#33;

I have already started making in java and by the way I have searched all about it before hand. I dont ask here and then search on google etc. Sorry to see that in all topics some people think they ask here and then go to google.
    In the past in asking about making a bot etc I got sensible replies which I appreciated.

I hate to write all the BS just asking some experienced opinions about this. Thats what the topic says above ^Serious Programmers. All I was looking for was maybe a tip or two from experienced one&#39;s.
    Anyhow, I have doubts I would find one here. In the past luck has been a little good on this forum, but lately

I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Forum Star
    There already exist many small freeware programs that do want you want. Just do some searching.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Paul@20 September 2003 - 13:46
    There already exist many small freeware programs that do want you want. Just do some searching.
    Yup I have looked at all of them. I am not going to just use mail notifier. But build one and possibly that could be made a little more custom according to the user. For example: If I am making a mail notifier of my site, I would want my logo, my server address and other details etc already in it. The user should only supply with username and password.
    Maybe, I should look for some open source codes for those freewares out there. That might help to know more about it.
    Thanks
    I.am

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by I.am@20 September 2003 - 17:58
    I hate to write all the BS just asking some experienced opinions about this. Thats what the topic says above ^Serious Programmers. All I was looking for was maybe a tip or two from experienced one&#39;s.
    Anyhow, I have doubts I would find one here. In the past luck has been a little good on this forum, but lately

I.am
    why would an experianced programer answer a FIGJAM post??

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    It was a mistake asking here&#33;

-----No more information needed-----

If you know and would like to suggest please PM me.

-------------------------------------------
    Others will just be ignored.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Forum Star
    Closed, by request of topic starter.