For this tutorial we'll be using Pan Newsreader and the Linux Distro called Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex).
This tutorial also assumes you have Ubuntu setup and ready to go.
..:: Table of Contents ::..
1. Installing Pan
2. Finding NZB's
3. Downloading NZB's
1) Installing Pan
1. Go to Synaptic (System ---> Administration ---> Synaptic Package Manager), enter the root password and search for "Pan Newsreader"
2. The Package name is "pan newsreader" don't worry about the other results. Click the little box in front of the package name and select "Mark for Installation"
There will be an arrow in the check box
3. Click "Apply" and wait for it to finish installing.
2) Finding NZB's
There are many ways of finding NZB's
1) The NZB Index
2) Usenet Search Engines/Indexers such as Binsearch and NewzLeech
3) NZB Forums eg. NZBScene, NZB-Magic etc.
In this tutorial we're going to download from FST's NZB Index
3) Downloading NZB's
1) Download the NZB
2) NZB's from FST come are packaged in zip archives, So extract it (Right Click ---> Extract Here)
3) Open Pan and go to File ---> Import NZB Files... and search for your nzb you extracted and Click Open.
4) Select the appropriate download place of which you wish the nzb to be saved to.
5) Wait for it the download to finish. If you wish to track down the progress of your download then click on "Tasks" in the bottom left corner.
Did I miss anything