Thread: Irritating Grey Pop-ups

Hi

Can anyone can help me in getting rid of those irritating grey pop-up boxes which have found their way onto my computer. They are the usual thing offering teen- webcams and the service called ENDADS.com, which apparently stops the kind of thing they are winding me up with. There is no way I would buy their product.

I have already installed Norton Firewall and Anit Virus and have all the latest updates. Out of desperation I have also tried Pop-up stopper Pro, but this has not prevented it.

Any pointers as to where this is hidden on my computer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    obviously ur not talking about KL++ here (NO SPY/ADWARE)
    second, are u speaking of KMD GOLD?
    third WRONG THREAD.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Perhaps try AdWare or SpyBot...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    i use a program called bye bye ads. you have to start it every time you start up your computer which is a pain but it works .do a search for it you'll find it on kazaa

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I think he is talking about those pop up from the Windows Xp messanger service

this sud stop em

Go to Start -> Run... and type in "services.msc". Look for "Messenger" and double-click on
    it. From the "Startup type:" dropdown box, select "Disabled". Under "Service status:"
    hit the "Stop" button.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I dont know why Windows Messenger gets popups..
    My friend leaves it on and it never gets anything like that

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I dont know why Windows Messenger gets popups..
    My friend leaves it on and it never gets anything like that
    I think you may be confusing the Windows Messsenger Service with Windows Messenger, the instant messenger application.

The Windows Messenger SERVICE has nothing to do with Windows Messenger. Follow the directions earlier in this thread to disable the Messenger Service and stop the pop-ups.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    ah i see..
    heh, i disable.. and rename the program folder for that hunk of @#$%* that is used when xp is first installed lol