Thread: Microsoft Office Problem

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I have a Laptop which is running:
    Microsoft XP Windows SP2.

As my laptop did not come installed with Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007, I used the trial editions from the Microsoft Office websites.

However, I replaced the Office 2007 trial editions with Office Enterprise 2007 quite recently.

Now I got a problem: every time I need to use any Office applications - Office launches a setup/configuration wizard...if it happened once, it would be OK, but it happens every time!! (I have shown it below).
    After the configuration window (as below), it asks for ProrWW.msi, which is missing from:
    for example:F:\MSOCache\All Users\{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-F\

I have already tried things like:
    * 3-4 times reinstalled/repaired Office 2007, and tried to install Office Ultimate/Professional Plus 2007 instead..
    * used Microsoft Office Diagnostic

* uninstalled Office 2007, then installed Office 2003 and uninstalled it right away
    * ran Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
    * used revo uninstaller to do a 'complete uninstall incl. the registry
    * reinstalled Microsoft Installer 3.1
    * googled the problem but its a dead-end, unless I begin to mess with the registry, which I feel could cause more problems..

..and still no progress. I don't want to reinstall the whole OS - it's a solution but definitely not for me at this time!.

I think it could be a problem with my now 'gone' trial edition of Microsoft Office, but that is just a possibility..

can anybody help solve this problem. many thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sorry, for not answering your question & for suggesting a better alternative.
    Free and has everything office has.
    http://download.openoffice.org/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Try Regcleaner , deleting the Office references might help .

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-dow...cleaner4.3.htm

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Try Regcleaner , deleting the Office references might help .

http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-dow...cleaner4.3.htm
    no still no luck. problem still occurs. MS office still opens eventually but the message as shown above keeps coming up...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    db_la_23's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    it looks like the installtion is gone. r it mabe a prob w ur OS

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Uninstall all office and frontpage item, even in you registry [which you have to manually do that] then install 2k7, the issue is that neither word nor excel are compatible with the old version running. Example excel 2k3 use .xml and 2k7 uses .xmls. You will still be able to open all you files, but the 2 programs fight each other, and it is usually solved by deleting you office HKey

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    v0thanhtam's Avatar Mr. & Mrs. Vő
    Happened to me b4 and no matter what I tried it's still the same. One simple solution was to format and re-install Windows.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Did you install Office on a external hard drive? Some of the versions of Office use hardware license validation, because of that those versions that use hardware license validation can only stay activated if installed on the local C drive, another thing is registry cleaners can do a lot of good but, I only tried one registry cleaner app Evidence Eliminator and I had a bad experience with it, when I ran the registry cleanup function of it it caused some apps on my computer to do what you are describing, the apps would go through the exact same setup configuration thing every time I tried to open the apps including Office, Omnipage, ect and the list goes on

It probably would not fix the problem to do the following but you might try doing a system restore

If you installed it on a external hd then try installing it on the local C drive instead, if that doesn't work then unfourtunetly the only other thing that worked for me is reinstalling windows
    Last edited by MackDaddy; 03-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.