Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So..

I've got a few comments to make about everything related to the board.

There are so many forums on the site, its awesome.

What's up everybody?

I heard about this from a ratdog message board while it was still up, and ive heard a lot of good things about whatcd's collection.

Having an absolute ton of music to contribute, i think i will fit right in the community, and would just like to get started already.

This is my 3rd or 4th day on the site and im still wondering why on earth there is a 30 day waiting period, its driving me crazy.

So if i get an invite code from a friend with an account will i still have to wait the entire thirty days? or would i just be able to access the forum immediately?

awesome
    good vibes all

-peace

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Your not able to request invites prior to the wait. If you do you will likely recive an infraction for it. Would doubt thats how you would want to start on the site. Its simply how we chose to do things...

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3

Question Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    Your not able to request invites prior to the wait. If you do you will likely recive an infraction for it. Would doubt thats how you would want to start on the site. Its simply how we chose to do things...

What up Reality

I read those rules, and in this forum, the "everything related to the board" forum, i didnt think what i said and asked about crossed any boundaries.

I'm not asking for an invite, I understand clearly I am not allowed to. I was just further introducing myself to everyone, as that is something related to the board, so i hope to be on here far into the future. I've got a lot to share, and well, if i dont get my friend to work with me getting me on this site, after 30 days, infraction free, I will be back. Awesome.

Good Vibes Mod.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    the 30 day rule makes sense, as theoretically it should help the other members to have an idea of who you are and how you act, prior to any decision if you were worthy to apply to invites, either by a request or at a giveaway.
    if this rule didn't apply, trust me, it would be chaos on that section.

so just relax, and see how things work around here, because that kind of knowledge you will only get after some months around here.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post

What up Reality

I read those rules, and in this forum, the "everything related to the board" forum, i didnt think what i said and asked about crossed any boundaries.

I'm not asking for an invite, I understand clearly I am not allowed to. I was just further introducing myself to everyone, as that is something related to the board, so i hope to be on here far into the future. I've got a lot to share, and well, if i dont get my friend to work with me getting me on this site, after 30 days, infraction free, I will be back. Awesome.

Good Vibes Mod.
    TBH you say you have some comments about this forum yet all you've done is bitch about a rule and state you're after an invite to a torrent site.
    That is an invite request riding on the back of a legit post, in my book. I would've edited it out.

The 30 days give you an opportunity to make helpful, intelligent and even erudite posts so that potential donors might be influenced into helping you sooner.
    Most invite-seeking pneubs, however, tend to either post rubbish or not post at all during this period; posting "great post"/"nice post"/"thanks for that" or any one-line response to one of the many "what's the best..." threads might up a post count but don't show the poster in a light good enough to earn them what they're after very qiuckly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    the 30 day rule makes sense, as theoretically it should help the other members to have an idea of who you are and how you act, prior to any decision if you were worthy to apply to invites, either by a request or at a giveaway.
    if this rule didn't apply, trust me, it would be chaos on that section
    It still is chaos in there! XD
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    you will be able to trade soon ! have a nice day

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post

Guess were in the same boat man. Just gonna have to wait it out. It's funny swift, some of the people that responded to this thread so far, just because i was talking about something, in my 'legit post,' they, not wanting to really talk about the issue simply just told me i was whining more or less.

30 days. This is like a diet or something, hopefully i will come up with more hillarious threads around the site, that Wont be considered bitchy or something.

good vibes all

peace

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post

The 30 days give you an opportunity to make helpful, intelligent and even erudite posts so that potential donors might be influenced into helping you sooner.
    Most invite-seeking pneubs, however, tend to either post rubbish or not post at all during this period; posting "great post"/"nice post"/"thanks for that" or any one-line response to one of the many "what's the best..." threads might up a post count but don't show the poster in a light good enough to earn them what they're after very qiuckly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    if this rule didn't apply, trust me, it would be chaos on that section
    It still is chaos in there! XD

That's my erudite opinion.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hookah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post

Guess were in the same boat man. Just gonna have to wait it out. It's funny swift, some of the people that responded to this thread so far, just because i was talking about something, in my 'legit post,' they, not wanting to really talk about the issue simply just told me i was whining more or less.

30 days. This is like a diet or something, hopefully i will come up with more hillarious threads around the site, that Wont be considered bitchy or something.

good vibes all

peace
    will be intouch

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    I understand why they would want a 30 day waiting period. It's so that when people ask for a trade after the waiting period, the person can click on the profile and check you out. Then, they can see if you've contributed to the site at all, rather than do the minimum 2 posts and wait for a month. I'm here just like the others doing my time and hopefully that patience and work will pay off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast