Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is My.....

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@20 September 2003 - 21:36
    It can run stuff like midnight club 2, and halo quite fast, with only the latter having to be set on lower detail mode.
    lucky&#33; can u run halo good on the 2nd level (inevitably called halo), cuz the first level, i get really good fps (20-24), but when i get to the second level, it goes really slow. maybe it&#39;s because of the open area. if u tweaked it (halo, the game), could u pls share ur wisdom oh wise mogadisu?

yea, i didnt really care for the game that much.. but i did play most of level 2. Open areas worked fine. Make sure that nothing else is running. Kazaa, souleek, .. as much as you can turn of, turn off.

Then i set everything to the lowest.. keep the resolution the same. I tested it with everything on high, and the graphics arent that much better than when they are on really low. When on the lowest they look great still. So I guess you could give that a try and see what happens.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Games   -   #12
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    thanks mogadishu, worked like a charm. i opened up task manager, and i had so many processes going on, after ending like half of them, 2nd level on halo worked great. now i run it on 1152x864 res with everthing at low. i found a really sweet tweak that anyone can use (make sure though that ur vid card has latest drivers and that the vid card isn&#39;t shared memory). i don&#39;t know if it works with ati, but give it a try:

control panel>appearance and themes>display>settings tab>advanced button>click on ur vid card tab (top right, usually)>direct 3d settings, click on the drop down menu that says mip map detail to the right of it and select high performance. the graphics in the games that i have haven&#39;t gone down a bit, and i get 7-10 fps more&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; , this is by far the best tweak i&#39;ve ever used for games&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; oh, and another crazy ass trick clears up resources and cleans up ur cpu power, so u can play graphic intensive games: click start>run>"Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks" , hit okay and don&#39;t do anything for 10-20 minutes, it&#39;ll look like it&#39;s doing nothing (the computer), but infact it is, so read a book or something until 20 minutes is up. now start up that graphic intensive game, and wholla&#33; before applying the above mentioned tweaks to my comp, i was running the already "enhanced" doom 3 alpha at 10 fps average, after the tweaks, 20 freaking fps&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; , there is a god&#33;

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    I Might Upgrade

4. Games   -   #14
    PAiNKiLLER
    2 suggestions...

1..Buy or download games according to ur system configuration

2..Upgrade ur system&#39;s configuration according to game&#39;s requirements

Image Resized

5. Games   -   #15
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    this might help. i&#39;m not sure where u live, but over here (chicago suburbs) all the major stores have HUGE CLEARANCES the weekend of thanksgiving. i&#39;m talking give free shit, half price shit, and all that. usually they are stores like Best Buy or Circuit City or CompUSA. Check them out. I&#39;m goin to get 2 17in lcds and maybe some ram. u should have a look. for most of ur components, i would still rather buy online, cuz videocards might not be that cheap than say newegg. still, last year, the price of a gforce fx 5200 dropped to &#036;60 at best buy during the thanksgiving sales

6. Games   -   #16
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    upgrade yo video card to atleast Geforce FX 5200 128mb or ATI Radeon 9200 128mb... They will make a better difference in speed at a cost of &#036;60-70

7. Games   -   #17
    Poster
    ima download halo will it work actually i wont

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12