Thread: Kazaa Need Money

I find this funny ,don't you think?

Selling new game via peer-2-peer software Kazaa

Besides all the negative news around peer-2-peer software Kazaa there is also some positive news. Game maker Atari is going to sell their latest RPG game, entitled "The Temple of Elemental Evil," via the Kazaa software. People can download the demo (843MB) via the online file sharing network after which the game will be playable for free for six hours. After this time period the user can unlock the full game for US $ 49.95:

The Temple of Elemental Evil ™ is a turn based RPG based on the beloved classic D&D module set in the land of Greyhawk. Like the Baldur’s Gate series on which it is party based, it is developed by Troika games - award winning developer of the highly acclaimed and award winning Arcanum series and Fallout. Temple of Elemental Evil is the first PC game to utilize the new 3.5 Edition D&D Rules and is set in a place considered to be a classic to all that have spent time in the D&D universe, the land of Greyhawk.

SOURCE

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Besides all the negative news around peer-2-peer software Kazaa there is also some positive news. Game maker Atari is going to sell their latest RPG game, entitled "The Temple of Elemental Evil," via the Kazaa software. People can download the demo (843MB) via the online file sharing network after which the game will be playable for free for six hours. After this time period the user can unlock the full game for US $ 49.95:
    Very funny. I bet someone will soon crack that!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    That will probly be crack in 6 hours.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster

Innovative at least..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    internet.news
    for just 49$ it is waste of time downoading 843 mb !!!
    Cause many companies also offer demos on normal internet adresses!

It is in some ways interesting depends on the people - but I am
    on dialup and it would take me very lone to download 843mb on kazaa
    as on another official demo site

MANY MAGAZINES ALSO OFFER DEMOS ON CDS!! as I seen before...

thks.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    internet.news
    ---> I mean : If the game or whatever program you got on kazaa is good,
    you probably will decide to support the owner :) so he can make other good
    games :)

It is what also think , if you want to test something longer than 30 days -
    normally 30 days is enough, but sometimes - it is good to share with people
    who already bought it their thoughts about the product an or the product itself... :)

thks.

:)

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I suspect it's partially a money saving thing. If the demo is shared on Kazaa, then there wont be as many people downloaindg it from thier servers, so they can pay for less bandwidth and make more profit. As a person getting the demo, you;d get faster download speeds because you could download it from multiple sources on Kazaa, instead of the one source which may be overloaded with people...
    Still 843Mb for something that last 6 hours? Take nearly a day to download it... Just wouldnt be worth it...

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    843 MB? I'd rather use a direct download, getting that off of Kazaa would take about 2 weeks

It's nice that someone is trying to put p2p to good use, but this isn't really the best way I've heard.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    I wouldnt download this of kazaa, get corrupted like shit.