Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Contact an Admin at What CD?

Does anyone know any way to contact an admin at What? My account was disabled, I went into the IRC and one of the Ops there was extremely rude to me, calling me a "cheat" and when I told him I genuinely had no idea what he was talking about he replied "the stats disagree with you," and banned me from the IRC. I'm really pretty angry about this. I'm not a cheat. I don't have any idea how to cheat, and I'm not particularly interested in knowing. I've spent countless hours of my time uploading stuff to this tracker, even donated money, and end up getting thrown-off for no reason whatsoever (or whatever the reason was, it's some kind of mistake). What kind of 'community' treats its members in this way? No explanation, nothing. I never share my account, password, .torrent files, passkey, anything, with anyone else. I was concerned I had some kind of glitch in my client, but one of the admins at Waffles was kind enough to look at my account there and told me they saw no such issues (my stats profile at Waffles is very similar to What).

Anyway, thanks anyone in advance if you can provide any help/suggestions...

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Is that you tetko?
    Not accusing but asking.
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-giv...60/postcount13

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    If it is him I seriously doubt he would admit it.

There is a what.cd staff that posts here, but since you can't pm him from your current account you'll have to hope he sees this thread and decides to post.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    If it is him I seriously doubt he would admit it.

There is a what.cd staff that posts here, but since you can't pm him from your current account you'll have to hope he sees this thread and decides to post.
    I'm not him, whoever he is, but thanks for your reply. I'm genuinely dumfounded by what's happened today. I hope it can be sorted out (I can't imagine it would be that difficult), since I worked really hard to build my ratio and to then be thrown off and called a cheat is pretty outrageous...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The problem is... You announced 770MB on a 460MB torrent that has been snatched once (your Otis Redding - Live In London torrent).
    I noticed you got the very same torrent uploaded at Waffles, please tell me you created 2 separate .torrent files for each tracker?
    Last edited by sexten; 03-20-2009 at 04:22 PM.
    What.CD Administrator

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    I noticed you got the very same torrent uploaded at Waffles
    Ooh, spying on the enemy are you?
    Not sure what that file's gonna do? Check it with ANUBIS - Analyzing Unknown Binaries
    Is that site DOWN FOR EVERYONE OR JUST ME?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    people don't know enough to only keep one tracker's url/s on a single torrent.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Did you add two trackers to the same torrent. If thats the case, then you gave wrong stats to the tracker.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    The same thing happened to me. I don't know why I was disabled, went to the irc got called a cheat and banned from irc, the conversation went like:

<me>: !whateverthequeuecommandis
    <what>: ******** your account was disabled for cheating
    <me>: how so?
    <what>: you tell me, you were the one who cheated
    <me>: I don't know
    <me>: I never cheated
    <what>: well I guess it remains a mystery then but your not get enabled
    <me>: speechless
    <me>: so no one can tell me exactly how it is that I supposedly cheated?

kicked and banned

I can think of one reason why I possibly got banned, I tried to upload an audio book to get PU status. It was my first upload for some reason I couldn't get the tracker to recognize me as a seeder after I had uploaded so it showed 0 seeds. I did this on Wednesday I think, I was going to ask for help with it over the weekend, since I had midterms Thursday and Friday. I was banned on Friday.

Whatever, I didn't have as much time invested as you it sounds like. The only problem I have with not being at what is that I just rented a dedicated server from Vars, so now I guess I will have to go through setting a different one up next month pita.
    Anyway good luck getting your account back if you want it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    The problem is... You announced 770MB on a 460MB torrent that has been snatched once (your Otis Redding - Live In London torrent).
    I noticed you got the very same torrent uploaded at Waffles, please tell me you created 2 separate .torrent files for each tracker?
    Yes I did, and they were (and still are) coming up separately in utorrent (two distinct torrents both with the right passkey in each of the properties). I've done this a few times by changing the piece size for each torrent without any problems whatsoever. I'm very sorry if somehow the two got mixed up. It was a genuine mistake. I'm very careful about this kind of thing (you can probably see, I even named the torrent file with (wcd) in the filename, precisely so this kind of thing wouldn't happen). I can only apologise if it did. I've got no idea how it happened. As I said, it's never happened before and it was by no means my intention to cheat in any way. If I've made a mess of things (which I obviously have), I'll genuinely do my best to correct them (I'm going to PM a mod at Waffles right now as well, since presumably there could be a problem there now). Thanks for looking at this. I really appreciate your help...

Edit: I've rechecked my client and it's reporting 471mb to Waffles and 458mb to What. Of course I don't doubt what you're saying: I do distinctly remember two leechers at Waffles and one at What, yet the torrent is listed at Waffles as being snatched only once. I really have no idea how this happened, I can only reiterate I acted carefully and honestly. I just spoke to a friend who told me he's stopped uploading one album to both sites precisely because of this problem - his client doesn't seem to be handling it correctly. I apologise again and hope you can look charitably on what has happened and give me the benefit of the doubt. I'm a member, in good standing, at quite a few major trackers (under the same user name) and would never even consider cheating. I value my membership too highly and it's just not the way I would conduct myself anyway. If you take a good look at my profile, I'm sure you could see that I've tried my best to be a good member at What. It's a fantastic site, and I'd miss being there very much. Thanks...
    Last edited by MaiSanook; 03-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast