Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Is It Time To Give Up On Kazaa?

kaza is alright for users like mark who wanna download the latest "westlife single"...lol
    But for the advanced user u have to search a little bit for your desired album/song etc

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I agree the FT network has gone downhill recently (screeching MP3's, no sources etc) but after looking into alternatives K++ is still the best.

So far I have tried:

Emule Plus

2 hours and still waiting to begin to download my file (with no apparent chance of that happening any time soon )

ES5

does not have the file I'm looking for - and doesn't appear to have many files at all .

Bit torrent

1000+ hours to get a 500 meg file - and so far 2% of that file has taken 20 hours to download

Also whilst "jumping ship" does seem like a good idea at this time, if the RIAA do succeed in reducing the FT network to the quagmire that it seems to be heading towards then they (and other companies that have seen their success) will turn on the other networks and try and get rid of them.

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by SeK612@27 September 2003 - 12:28
    Bit torrent

1000+ hours to get a 500 meg file - and so far 2% of that file has taken 20 hours to download

Also whilst "jumping ship" does seem like a good idea at this time, if the RIAA do succeed in reducing the FT network to the quagmire that it seems to be heading towards then they (and other companies that have seen their success) will turn on the other networks and try and get rid of them.
    On BitTorrent, if you don't get in early (within a day or 2 of the torrent's posting) then you probably won't get the file unless it's stupidly common and well-seeded.

You can't make a much better assumption about KL++ just from randomly trying to download a rare 500 MB file from it.

RIAA/MPAA/BSA will move onto attacking other networks (actually, they already have&#33 once Kazaa is 'defeated'. Trouble is, some of those networks -- such as Gnutella -- won't prove such easy targets.

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    I'd like to see them take down IRC or newsgroups hahaha.
    There will always be a way to share files, even if it isn't as convinient as Kazaa's point and click interface.

So instead of attacking individual users, why not just go after the ISPs. They have the money to pay those bastards off .

What I'm really scared about is blacklisting. Say they catch someone, interrogate them, and tell them that if they give the name of someone else who is sharing, they'll let them off the hook.

Then, after they collect enough names, they'll come back in a year and sue everyone on the list.

Reminds me of the Salem witch trials =P

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345