Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freaking Creditors

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post

Yes it is, why would a bank give anyone a credit card with $20000, if they don't even make $15000 a year? They just don't care, that's why some people are loosing their houses, most people could never afford them and the banks would tell people instead of writing down you make $1000 a month, lets put that you make $3000. They do it with car loans too.
    It is about personal responsability, but banks too, they just prey on people's needs, most people would never be able to have a good car or a house without credit, banks just take advantage and after a while the interest from 8 per cent goes to 24 or more.
    So, either,

A. You've had a brain transplant.

B. You've discovered the wondrous and aesthetic benefits of spellcheck.

C. They've found a cure for spastics.

D. Your mum is posting for you now.

E. Your account has been hacked to the max.

Whichever it is, doesn't it feel better to make a coherent post for once?

Well done.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced View Post
    Not everyone is "responsible".

Common Sense is by no means that common.

Exactly. Not everyone is born with the gift of intelligence and there are people out there who think that 'if the bank decided to give me credit, surely it must be ok'

I have seen banks giving credit cards with a 10K limit to people on a 15K income. That's the equivalent of giving a baby a pair of scissors to play with.
    Last edited by Skweeky; 03-24-2009 at 10:15 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    tesco's Avatar woowoo

Yes it is, why would a bank give anyone a credit card with $20000, if they don't even make $15000 a year? They just don't care, that's why some people are loosing their houses, most people could never afford them and the banks would tell people instead of writing down you make $1000 a month, lets put that you make $3000. They do it with car loans too.
    It is about personal responsability, but banks too, they just prey on people's needs, most people would never be able to have a good car or a house without credit, banks just take advantage and after a while the interest from 8 per cent goes to 24 or more.
    So, either,

A. You've had a brain transplant.

B. You've discovered the wondrous and aesthetic benefits of spellcheck.

C. They've found a cure for spastics.

D. Your mum is posting for you now.

E. Your account has been hacked to the max.

Whichever it is, doesn't it feel better to make a coherent post for once?

Well done.
    Well that was...nice...of you, I think.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    It's not about people's needs, it's about their wants. People want nice stuff they rarely need it. They get the credit card because they want stuff and don't think ahead, that's not the banks fault.

Re the interest part, that's just talking pish. Anyone who buys a car or a house with a credit card is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't have a fixed rate of interest on a car loan is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't arrange a fixed mortgage term is an idiot.

None of that is the bank's fault, it's people blaming the bank because of their own greed and stupidity.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I was just astounded that he wrote something I could understand which didn't insult anyone.

A few schoolboy errors, but they were forgivable, like.

It all hinges on his next post. It could go either way. A bit like him, actually.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    I was just astounded that he wrote something I could understand which didn't insult anyone.

It all hinges on his next post. It could go either way. A bit like him, actually.
    Shut up already

7. Lounge   -   #37
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    And then he goes and spoils it all by saying something stupid ...

8. Lounge   -   #38
    chalice's Avatar ____________________

Shut up already
    Now, you and I know I'm not going to shut up, don't we?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    It's not about people's needs, it's about their wants. People want nice stuff they rarely need it. They get the credit card because they want stuff and don't think ahead, that's not the banks fault.

Re the interest part, that's just talking pish. Anyone who buys a car or a house with a credit card is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't have a fixed rate of interest on a car loan is an idiot. Anyone who doesn't arrange a fixed mortgage term is an idiot.

None of that is the bank's fault, it's people blaming the bank because of their own greed and stupidity.
    But you need a credit card for everything these days, you have to go in an emergency trip anywhere, and the only way to buy a ticket is on the internet with a credit card, and if you don't have the money you are screw.
    I wasn't talking about buying a house on a credit card, credit is credit and it is not stupid that people want to own a house or a car.
    Fix rates? Of course when you have a clue about it, but the majority of people don't, not everybody is as smart as you.
    Let me put it the way you may understand, when a bank for their benefit, lies and gives you a loan or a credit card that you can't afford, yes it is the banks fault.
    Last edited by pentomato; 03-24-2009 at 10:47 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #40

Shut up already
    Now, you and I know I'm not going to shut up, don't we?
    Yes we do know that.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast