Thread: "webmasters Make Money"

netweiser
    im looking for a "webmasters make money" service which pays about £1 or so for every 1000 banner ads DISPLAYED! (not clicked). any1 know any?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Such times are over - the only way to make some few bucks are popup or popunder windows which result in up to US $ 2 per 1000

If you have much luck and very good content then you can make up to US $ 0.60 per 1000 but the general rate is like 0.10 - 0.35 $ per 1000 (Forums not allowed, site must have great content, only unique IPs count)

Try fastclick.com or advertising.com

Good luck

3. Lounge   -   #3
    netweiser
    i already have a popunder one, go to www.netweiser.com to see them. ppl might get a little annoyed with them though.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Well that's why popunder / popup providers pay better - A popup / popunder is a real visitor once the window is open - a banner is not worth much since more or less 2 out of 1000 people click it = 2 visitors per 1000 views

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Let's be honest - it's not the greatest business model ever created.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 September 2003 - 00:46
    yup you are right popups / unders are evil but as long as the big companies don't get it it will stay successful. Most webmasters only care about visitors - that's why this business is growing. I would prefer banner ads cause that people are interested and will come back - popups = negative result cause people get annoyed and won't come back cause they didn't click anything to reach the popup site...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Originally posted by JPaul@21 September 2003 - 00:46
    I don't think it's even a "great business model" in the first place

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    http://www.british-shopping.com/webmasters.../affiliate.html has links to many sites with details on what they offer. I know that www.Advertising.com offers 10p GBP for a click, it stores a session cookie on that persons machine.