Thread: Default Browser

How can I make IE6 my default browser? I made MyIE2 my default browser then I used their option to 'restore previous default browser settings' or something and now IE6 still isn't my default browser. I don't get that widnow saying "IE Is currently not your default browser. Would you like it to be?" How can I make it my default browser?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    IE should be the defult browser even when MYIE2 is set to defult. If you uninstall MYIE2 then IE will automatical take over.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    BANNED
    Originally posted by downloader2008@20 September 2003 - 22:24
    How can I make IE6 my default browser? I made MyIE2 my default browser then I used their option to 'restore previous default browser settings' or something and now IE6 still isn't my default browser. I don't get that widnow saying "IE Is currently not your default browser. Would you like it to be?" How can I make it my default browser?
    go to your internet options>programs> here at the bottom there is a box to check for ie to check to see if it is the default browser, check it close all browsers and open ie, if its not default it will ask to to set to default
    or go to start>set program access and defaults>custom>choose your internet browser

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+20 September 2003 - 21:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 20 September 2003 - 21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-downloader2008@20 September 2003 - 22:24
    How can I make IE6 my default browser? I made MyIE2 my default browser then I used their option to &#39;restore previous default browser settings&#39; or something and now IE6 still isn&#39;t my default browser. I don&#39;t get that widnow saying "IE Is currently not your default browser. Would you like it to be?" How can I make it my default browser?
    go to your internet options>programs> here at the bottom there is a box to check for ie to check to see if it is the default browser, check it close all browsers and open ie, if its not default it will ask to to set to default
    or go to start>set program access and defaults>custom>choose your internet browser [/b][/quote]
    I did that a few times and nothing happened.

Shadow, I still want MyIE2, I just don&#39;t want it to be the default browser.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    have you tried the "Reset to Default" button in the same place (MUSLEMAN) sent you ot?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by exeus@21 September 2003 - 07:28
    have you tried the "Reset to Default" button in the same place (MUSLEMAN) sent you ot?
    HIs first post he siad he did that.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    OK, I finally got that IE widnow to popup asking me if I wanted to make it my def. browser... so I click YES.
    Now when I click on a link in AIM, I get the following error:
    When I click on a link in an e-mail in Outlook Express, nothing happens&#33; WHAT DO I DO?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;&#33;?&#33;?&#33;?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    All u have to do is go to settings>browser options> and check the box. Simple

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by Gre1@22 September 2003 - 17:48
    All u have to do is go to settings>browser options> and check the box.&nbsp; Simple
    I did that already like I said before... It still messed somethings up&#33; I hope system restore works....

EDIT:Thank god for System Restore. It fixed my problem and now there is no problem&#33;