Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow download with Astraweb

I'm not sure if my setting is wrong but I'm only getting about 760KB/s with my 6MB comcast. I read that everyone seems to max their bandwidth so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I using Altbinz 0.28.2 with about 6 connections and SSL port 443. Any ideas?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Is that the pay for version or freeware version? If you didn't pay for it, that explains alot...the "default" SSL port for Astraweb is 563, but you can use 443...

Also, take a look at the Astraweb's support page, they had a outage and are doing server upgrades...and your using Comcast, make sure they are not throttling you on that port as well.
    [center]

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Is that the pay for version or freeware version? If you didn't pay for it, that explains alot...the "default" SSL port for Astraweb is 563, but you can use 443...

Also, take a look at the Astraweb's support page, they had a outage and are doing server upgrades...and your using Comcast, make sure they are not throttling you on that port as well.
    I did try port 563 but speed is the same. When you say freeware, are you talking about altbinz? If I remember, I think I downloaded thru rapidshare so I don't think its freeware.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    TWC maybe limiting the per connection download speed of your service. It's common practice.

You have astraweb, they offer up to 20 connections. Try setting your client to use 19 and see if your speed increases.
    Last edited by Broken; 03-26-2009 at 06:38 AM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tino420 View Post
    I'm not sure if my setting is wrong but I'm only getting about 760KB/s with my 6MB comcast. I read that everyone seems to max their bandwidth so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. I using Altbinz 0.28.2 with about 6 connections and SSL port 443. Any ideas?

looks correct to me....

6 megabits is 750 KBs

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    It is??

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    proves how post count =/= knowledge

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    yep ur maxing your 6mb already

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    8 bits = 1 byte

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    lol
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast