Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: FST staff gives out ip addresses!

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I got banned by some places too.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    This is turning out to be quite the thread.

Anyway, I think I've never heard of a forum where staff would have access to users' PMs, so that's impossible imo.

About handing out IPs, that's possible, but like mentioned already, there are other ways of getting them. So why bother the staff here with such requests?
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster
    I do not believe that staff is giving out IP's to other trackers by request or something else.
    The only reason I see this thread is some user who got banned for stupidity and need something to badmounth because of hes frustration.

But I wouldn't mind staff giving IP's for all those collecters in the trading section!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    only the owner/s can read the pm`s
    and since they are not here
    stfu !

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    This is turning out to be quite the thread.

Anyway, I think I've never heard of a forum where staff would have access to users' PMs, so that's impossible imo.

About handing out IPs, that's possible, but like mentioned already, there are other ways of getting them. So why bother the staff here with such requests?

not to keep the fire burning here.. but, there are mods/enhancements out there that would allow staff to in fact read private pms.... so, indeed possible

well, i'm not of any real mindset here.... as i am not of the common everyday variety sheep!
    Last edited by jasperr; 03-26-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Just to put into perspective how ridiculous this is:

There are over 100,000 members, with about 50 new members joining every day. Admittedly, a large number of those are inactive accounts, but anyone can take a guess at how many PMs are made every day. Related to Invites there are probably dozens. Now multiply that by 365 and work out how many PMs are made very year.

If we were really reading PMs (and who would have the time even if we could?) and passing on IPs, there would be one heck of a lot more people complaining that they had been banned because of the actions of FST staff.

Before anyone else accuses FST staff of this sort of behaviour, can I suggest you examine your PMs. If someone has sent you an image, check on the site hosting that image. There are sites specifically set up to capture your IP addresses. If you haven't made the trade and are not 100% sure that it isn't one of those sites then I suggest you don't go ahead with the trade. If you've already made the trade and found yourself banned, don't come whining that it was FST staff that gave your IP away - you did it yourself when you received that image.

I'm trying to think of a way to stop these images being used to get members IPs, but I don't know if tesco or Reality will be able to implement anything so don't hold your breath on this one.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Op you're a coward. If you have the balls to accuse someone then you should do it from your original account. What do you care anyway, you're banned from every single site. it's not like anything worse could happen to you now. Are you worried about your reputation?? you fukin snake you.

guys we should phish his ip, find his real account and emberras him(albo watches while op shits his pants...coward)
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

I'm trying to think of a way to stop these images being used to get members IPs, but I don't know if tesco or Reality will be able to implement anything so don't hold your breath on this one.
    That could probably help. it wont solve the problem completely but it will definitely help prevent phishing from happening within the walls of fst. Catchers will have to take the convo to Msn or yahoo to succeed after that

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    you desirved it hahahahaha

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by turkwallet View Post
    turned computer on to find out all my trackers was banned
    ouch that must hurt seriously feel sorry for you even if you are trader

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by AnesZverotic View Post
    Saying that Fst staff gives out Ip adressen is ridiculous, there is other ways for Tracker staff to get hold of your ip from here, and there is also a good cooperation between tracker staffs in the catching traders matter
    +1
    also it is good to be sceptic after all, but they are right, you gotta prove that they are guilty of such crime before you say those, however on the other hand, proofs are deleted on the net easily, had an experience of such a thing anyway. Anyway you just opened the eyes of people who trade or do whatever, i am sure, from now on, they will be a lot more careful than they were, mission accomplished. geez, it would be paranoia, if i were to think that fst were giving ips, i would say the guy that lets meet on that msn address then take him or her to another addres, it would be freaking hilarious xD
    Last edited by bilkenter; 03-26-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast