Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats wrong with being a trader?

AkaiDoresu's Avatar MilfHunter BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok seriously, I see more and more emo kids who scream out "burn traders" because they are bad users.

I haven't been around for a while so can someone explain that to me?
    I'm a trader. Or rather I used to be in a days when I was more active in the torrenting world.

Well in my entire career on FST I gaveaway moreless 100 invites. Is that bad?
    I have never been banned from any tracker other than for inactivity. Is that bad?
    I've been to many trackers and always shared my knowledge about them especially during the times when some trackers where really rare. Is that bad?

Just because I can get into some websites faster than a normal person because I'm in possession of many invites (that are desirable by many people, especially noobs) doesn't make me a bad person, well today I've been told so and I notice this trend getting on popularity here.

So can anyone tell me what's the problem? Is it just bunch of jeleous emo kids or there is some deep meaning into that? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH and if there is please tell me where cuz I'm damn hungry.
    Last edited by AkaiDoresu; 03-27-2009 at 03:35 AM.
    Have a nice day.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I'll keep it simple:

Most trackers want quality members in them. So, the give out invites in order to get more members. The invites are supposed to be for people you know, trust and believe are gonna be a valuable member for the site. That's the whole point of invites.

BUT if you trade them, there is always a risk that the person you are inviting is not a good user, and you are inviting him only to get access to some other site in return.

Now, is trading BAD? No. There are bad traders who don't really care about the person they are inviting as long as they get the invite THEY want. And there are also good traders that make sure that they are inviting good and responsible users.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ry-the-guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post
    BUT if you trade them, there is always a risk that the person you are inviting is not a good user, and you are inviting him only to get access to some other site in return.
    The same can be said about giveaways, too. (Unless of course you require profile screens that prove that you actually use the site, maintain a decent ratio, and participate in the community in one way or another.) Nobody ever seems to point this out.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Welcome back. As you probably noticed,the trade and giveaway sections got separated because of the constant e-quarreling and trolling that went on, mods probably just got fed up and decided enough is enough.

I don't think trading is bad as such. Consider a scenario where user A wants a TV site(looking for some rare tv shows) and user B wants a site for cult/rare films. They both understand how to keep a good ratio and decide to exchange their invites and the trade's completed. There's nothing wrong with this imo.

I suspect the problem comes when users trade to get into a site just because the site is hard to gain entrance to.I think the sites would suffer because the users wouldn't appreciate the site's true worth and when they get bored,they'll abandon the site.The WTAW thread is majorly reponsible for this although I understand the reason for its inception. Maybe,FST also majorly benefits from it.

Trading back in 05 and 06(looking at those threads) wasnt considered bad at all,infact it was hailed . Mods did it,reputed members did it,noone was ridiculed.
    Before demonoid was taken down ,they had an invites thread where trading was allowed. They didnt think trading was bad did they? Fast forward to today,trading isnt allowed there anymore.

I think that FST sets trends which other popular torrent sites follow, most site admins drop in occasionally to see what's going on. Trading is considered a sin here and so some sites decide to ban trading and other sites follow,like a chain reaction,although this mightnot be true for every site.

At the end of the day,do what you think is right and try being a fruitful member of the site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    A GOOD tracker user does not break trackers' rules; and one of them is, not to trade invites and account.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    The problem is that most traders don't give a fuck who they give their invites to. It doesn't matter if the person is a well known cheater/scammer, or could put the tracker in any type of harm. The only thing that matters is if that person has an invite that the trader wants.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Like everyone said, it's all like Giving someone candy in return for some bubble gum, without finding out wether the the other guy is going eat the candy or abuse it...(Wait...WTF?!? that made no sense at all! How do you Abuse candy??)
    Spoiler: Show

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    beshawn's Avatar The Unseen
    Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy View Post
    The same can be said about giveaways, too. (Unless of course you require profile screens that prove that you actually use the site, maintain a decent ratio, and participate in the community in one way or another.) Nobody ever seems to point this out.
    Probably because it doesn't need to be pointed out. Every tracker is slightly different on their rules for giveaways in this fashion. I think most would agree that giving away in public places isn't the best way to build a user-base; it's also not in the best interest for the tracker security-wise. Inviting trusted members that you know from other trackers (or other communities) is usually OK.

I've never had to trade to get access any tracker I've ever wanted, with a mixture of friends I know personally, and ones from IRC and forums. Trading invites and accounts is usually greed driven and it's blatant disrespect to the trackers themselves (it's their tracker, their rules). Yet people still have the nerve to say what's the big deal?

It's not hard to see why trackers get upset with traders, it comes down to trust. They're letting you use their service (FOR FREE) as long as you abide by some rules, as soon as you break one (with good intentions or not), there's no reason to believe that user will abide by all the other agreed upon rules.

That being said, are all trades (and traders) evil and bad? No of course not. Are people who habitually trade accounts or invites acting in poor judgment with regard to the trackers' security and safety? YES.
    Last edited by beshawn; 03-27-2009 at 06:15 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Never mind I know a lot of persons who belong to top trackers like FSC, FTN & etc. Do you think they really deserve to be there? They are members of every s3cret tracker, are they a good acquisition? Or are just pure collectors who want to show world they are capable to be member of every l33t tracker by giving lame and ass liking responses in forums & IRC.

In trading many bad persons exist, but this rulle applies also to giveaways.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Here's where I have a problem with some of you fucking heroes , how pray tell did you get started with trackers ? Suck a friends dick , promise a reach around ?

It starts with trust first and foremost and goes from there , little bit of of rope and see how she swings .

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast