Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention FST (Staff and Users)

The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBusiness View Post
    After World War II, America again deemed the Soviet Union as its main rival. While an ally in the second World War, the Soviet Union was angry that America had arrived so late in the war. The USSR, during the whole course of the war until D-Day, thought the US had viewed them as rivals, and allowed the Soviets to "bleed" and exterminate the Nazis AND the Communists for the convenience of Americans. This, however is untrue, as FDR had been slowly pushing America out of its isolationist status. After the war, Truman, now the President, announced his plan for a Truman Doctrine or, as it was widely known, containment. The plan was to keep Communism from spreading and for the USSR to give up the countries it had obtained during the war. The Soviet Union said no, and America thought that they had planned to spread Communism across the world. What they did not realize is that Russia had lost 20 million soldiers in the war until D-Day, and invaded THREE times since Napoleon last invaded the country. The "Iron Curtain" (countries the USSR obtained in the war) was to act as a buffer zone from future invasions, while Truman believed it was the start of the spread of Communism. Thus, the Cold War began.

Please excuse my language, but this stupid shit ran on for decades, an arms race that lasted caused of disillusioned retards who never communicated. Both sides were CLEARLY apprehensive of each other, but always assumed the other side was making a move.
    I think you take an overly simplistic and swift look at what was a much more complex issue. Certainly you can talk about the casualties suffered by the Soviet Union in WW2 but you're leaving a lot out of the picture.

The USSR had a lot of casualties in WW2 because it had bad management of troops, insufficient arms supplies, incapacity to efficiently transport ammunition and supplies to its war fronts (there was, it must not be forgotten, only one, slow and archaic train line in place then), etc; in short, a chaotic situation was in place there. (And have you forgotten the Nazi-Soviet Pact? How could the Americans not view the Soviets as suspicious or two-sided? And how can you excuse the spread and subsequent domination of a great many independent nations surrounding Russia following the war as a justifiable "buffer" against further invasion? It was blatant conquest and assimilation, to make the USSR the foremost big power - be under no illusions.) The simple reason for the fact that soldiers fought barefoot, sometimes with 1 rifle for every 5, is that Communism, though representing what has been hailed as an "innovation, improvement" on the autocratic system in place there, was in fact a completely failed endeavor and served only to ruin Russia and tarnish it's past and long-lost greatness.

Let's be clear here. Many of the Russian Bolsheviks thought that because the 1917 events constituted Russia's bourgeois revolution, they would have to wait a long time before they were followed by the proletarian revolution that was their ultimate goal. It was Lenin and Trotsky who argued that unlike previous bourgeois revolutions, the Russian Revolution could be given a permanency which would enable it to lead on immediately to the dictatorship of the proletariat. Just like the Oliver Cromwell and Napoleon Bonaparte takeovers, the Russian variant ended in military dictatorship throughout the USSR's history. Things were in a rush thrown into their final make-up, one that substituted poor, albeit free, serfs working the land, to a generalized situation of serfs having no impetus to work whatsoever, and throwing themselves ever-increasingly to drink and debauchery.

The Cold War was not an American fetish. The Communist threat was a reality. In an age of ideologies as was the 20th century, Marx and Engels' ideals were spreading at a fast pace. People thought a denial of all of their past and the beginning in a clean slate could really work to relieve them of their problems.

The US should be thanked for acting as it did (even if, to our eyes, the McCarthy anti-Communist years do appear a tad excessive). But surely giving away secrets of the nuclear bomb to the Soviets is considered treason? Surely we are not to take that instance as "American Fascism"? I mean, come on!

We often forget we have the benefit of historical hindsight now, but before the Berlin Wall and Iron Curtain fell, the West did believe the USSR was a threat (it would later be discovered the USSR was a joke, Stalin and his cronies relying solely on copying foreign technology to try to produce something of their own, what have been termed "soddy refrigerators" by one historian.)

Anyway, extrapolating these complex events to a ridiculous and comparatively insignificant quibble amongst BT users seems a tad pretentious, truth be told.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 03-28-2009 at 07:10 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    OP, you're giving this too much importance. It's simple if you look at it. Most of the every-day bittorrent users are guys who don't get much attention in the everyday life. Now tbh as pointless and boring as the BT is, these users need something to keep it fresh so they invent these new mashups just to get some kind of self setisfaction, cook up something big and hope for guys like you to waste time and write about it. This is a place where everyone is tangling themselves up. That's what happens if you focus your attention more on the drama than the "tracker part itself".
    Oh perfect example. For example the Tit guys(no offense) are one of the most dedicated e-drama, trader catching , authority seekers out there and only and I mean only if they dedicated more time on the tracker itself instead, Tit wouldn't suck so much.(im not saying this to diss tit or anything like that, but the truth and the matter is that tit could have been just like the old Tit if you guys didn't waste so much time being somebody else's sheep.)
    Op what you also might not know is that a lot of tracker staffers have double personalities.They act as if they care for their tracker like a mother cares for a child, and at the other end they're behind dupe accounts selling invites and trading. Not long ago a bunch of tracker staffers got exposed for being big time traders/sellers themselves. Now imagine how many of them profit behind your backs and feed you righteous bullshit at the same time.

Let me ask you a question. If you were a bored, lonely guy with nothing going on except for a staffer position and everyone around you was/felt the same way. Where would you direct your frustration at?? .....Let me give you a hint. Find the easiest target to point the finger at. A place where everyone seems to focus their attention in sounds like a good spot. Now try to test your userbase's loyalty by sending them in there like sheeps and you stay back and laugh your ass off at the mashup that you've just started. After all it makes you feel important and it takes your mind off the miserable everyday thoughts.
    These bored beings pick Fst to clash with, since the Fst mods always put up a good argument and they reply to criticisms. Sometimes I think Skizo is the only one doing it right. He doesn't give a fuck about what any of the two time fuckheads have to say and he feeds them even more material so they can direct their pathetic little hatred at.
    Detale(ex-mod) tried to bring Fst and the Tracker staffers together once and the only thing he got in return were insults, a headache + a lost 6 year friendship.

Fuck this loser shit, let the lowlifes deal with it.

Ps. the "Trading= Security breach" excuse is just a pretext which was formed when anti-traders were confronted by the reasonable ones that Traders don't hurt the tracker more than collectors do. Basically they responded by sayin "At least collectors aren't a security issue"...LOL like a riaaa agent wouldn't take time and befriend someone to get into a tracker.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 03-28-2009 at 02:41 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Sorry to get off topic but anyone seen that Tom Cruise war movie?
    Maybe if I wrote it in braille it would help.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by sexten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    FST should stick to what they are doing, maybe they can get rid of WTAW or whatever threat that is, they can get rid off it, but they shall always allow people to state what they think, if that is not allowed here, then it is no different than being under a dictatorship. Also banning traders, giving their ips, names et cetera wont solve anything, they will get organized in another place do whatever they want. You cant stop traders or cheaters not unless you start thinking of their reasons to do so. Why does someone trade? ask yourself this, then we might reduce the number of traders in this torrenting. It is really funny for someone who doesnt trade or such to defend others rights, why should i care? i shouldnt but i do it is really fun.
    This got nothing to do about freedom of speach, of course everyone should be able to say what they like.
    And you say we can't stop traders or cheaters, does that mean we should stop fighting them?

Do you honestly think a tracker would be better or even equally good if trading and cheating was allowed? Have you ever managed a tracker? Have you ever seen a "trader tree" and what kind of users it usually consists of? Do you know what would happen with the ratio economics and seed times if everyone cheated? Because I do, and I can assure you it would be the least successful tracker of all times. If you want trading and cheating to be allowed, use a public tracker and stay way from private trackers who got rules against stuff like that.
    It has something to do with freedom of speech. How? The firm attitude you guyz have just pushes traders into underground thereby leading them to suppress what they believe or wanna say. This is why, what you guyz are doing is against the freedom of speech. You will be surprised to see what kinda people are in fs... or ft..., i am not saying they are bad guyz, actually some are really my best friend. All i am saying they are traders and they are in, being a trader or having got that position via trade doesnt make them awful, what matters is afterwards, is he keeping a good ratio? is he active on irc? is he trying to contribute something to the community et cetera? Therefore, i believe there is a need for significant change that will adapt those traders into this system and ban is not the way to go. I am not saying that you shall stop fighting, all i am saying you shall use different means rather than the pure ban on traders as only mechanism of fighting against traders. Also yeah i do believe if trade was allowed, trackers would be a better place. Because that would lead people to be themselves and be more active on the forums thereby leading them to be a part of that community. Also rather than making scapegoats outta traders, you shall blame the system for it. We have certain sites that gives invites only in a year making it valuable. If a site is harder to get into, it is desired by most, since some sites are too closed, making them invaluable, thereby leading people to trader. If that wasnt that hard to get into, just a few trance talk and you are in, or just a few movie talk and you are in bla bla. That way, people would seek what they need, not what is valuable. I could talk about it for quite a lot, anyway this is what i believe

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sorry to get off topic but anyone seen that Tom Cruise war movie?
    Maybe if I wrote it in braille it would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Cow View Post
    anyone seen that Tom Cruise war movie?
    It's definitely worth it Idol. Very impressive picture. TBH I was surprised, seeing as Tinkertown tends to edit history and say it like it wasn't. Valkyrie is not the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Most of the every-day bittorrent users are guys who don't get much attention in the everyday life. Now tbh as pointless and boring as the BT is, these users need something to keep it fresh so they invent these new mashups just to get some kind of self setisfaction, cook up something big and hope for guys like you to waste time and write about it.
    Last edited by The Flying Cow; 03-28-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    /me is confuzed

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Sadly its about changing attitudes. Traders think they have a right to something even if they haven't earned the right to have the item they desire. Personally I am on more sites than I need. And on most of the desired sites. I have done this in less than two years time by networking not trading. If you want something its all the more sweeter when you have gotten it the right way rather than cheating and stealing to get there.

Its like the prize that as children we desired the most and most of our families made us save for by doing extra chores and doing stuff for neighbors to earn that extra dollar. All the more sweeter once we realize we have enough saved to get what we wanted.

And if the analogy is that they have nothing better to do than to sit there are trade then why don't they take the time to network and get something no strings attached

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    this topic is a loser from the beginning, who cares about traders and non traders? i am neutral, i have awesome trader friends, i dont suppose it is against rules to befriend a trader right? if so, do write so in your rules, anyway they are just really awesome i luv them end of story, at least they are honest about who you are and dont follow trackers with blind faith... geez talked too much, dont care dont wanna care.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    traders are n00bs because they're still looking for invites to bittorrent sites.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well, I haven't been her for a long time, but I did know about FST's rep before joining and it wasn't good back then.
    I honestly don't think the trade section will ever be erased, or the WTAW thread for that matter. I'm not here for that, I'm here to chat and discuss BT. It is funny sometimes to read the posts in that section. Some people don't know (or act as) simple English.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast